im thinking of buying a peavey valveking 112 but feel a bit lost when reading the descriptions about them. it has buffered phase loops, resonance switch, and variable class a simulation control called texture but to be honest all this goes way above my head because im quite new to amps. can anyone give me an explanaion to what these features are and if this amp is any good please
INDIE SEMI HOLLOW DOUBLE CUT CUSTOM FOR SALE!!

IBANEZ S470 WITH MIRICLE MAN ADY SD JB PICK-UPS FOR SALE!!

PEAVEY VALVEKING 112 COMBO FOR SALE!!!

PM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!!
^ I'd only buy it if you can pick it up used and at a good price.

Most people end up doing mods to their Valveking and once you've paid the cost of a new amp plus all the upgrades, you'd have been better off buying something more expensive in the first place.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
what mods could be done?

^ Usually the speaker change, output transformer swap, tube swap (doesn't really count as a mod, IMO).

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Don't worry about all the marketing mumbo jumbo. They're a decent amp. I have one. I also have two very expensive boutique amps and I still use the Valveking 112.

The one thing I was not impressed with was the hum problem these amps have. Chances are, yours will have the same problem. It's easily fixed and doesn't cost a lot of money. All you have to do to fix it is replace the power tubes. To be honest, it's still useable with the hum, but it can be a little annoying at times. I installed a pair of Winged C tubes and the problem completely cleared up. The stock speaker works fine for me.
So is the valveking good enough to do gigs with because the bad is gettin close to that stage now?

It's certainly loud enough to do gigs...

if i was to change the speaker what should i change it too?

Maybe an Eminence Wizard. There's a ton of speakers that go well with the VK.

Get one used, if you can, and also get an equalizer, it really helps the distortion.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Check out Warehouse Guitar speaker. At one time I had a VK112 hooked up to a 4x12 with Veteran 30's in it, and it sounds pretty good. Warehouse speakers are very good for the money.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Quote by mr frusciante
what mods could be done?

There are several mods, and a decent amount of upgrades.

If you are handy with electronics and a soldering iron...
-JCM mod
-Mesa mod
-Add a bias pot and test ports
-Adjust tone stacks
-etc

Run-of-the-mill upgrades...
-Speaker swap
-Replace output transformer (OT)
-replace reverb pan
-new tubes

There's more mods/upgrades/tricks to be found on the Wiki (in my sig).

I'd only suggest a VK, if you find an outrageously cheap one used, or it is literally the only thing available.
There are better things on the market in this day and age for the price of a new one.
I've got one and am very happy with it. Great cleans. I've been looking at swapping out some tubes. I will say that I don't think the class A/AB knob is what it's cracked up to be-not a huge difference at all. Good all around amp though. One previous poster noted the hum issue-I have the same thing going on. That said, it still has some great sounds.
I dislike the valveking greatly.
Try a 6505+
I was looking for a valveking and then imposter a 6505+

I'm getting the 6505+