GNR heavily fined for playing an hour late at Reading, not playing Leeds now.

Page 1 of 2
http://twitter.com/maverick_AC

I'm not sure on the validity of the source although if it's true then that's a major fail on Axl's part..
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
I believe that they'd be fined for that, that's very very common.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I believe that they'd be fined for that, that's very very common.

Yep, apprently there's a very strict curfew.

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/52736

Link backs up the guys claim.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
he's such a douche
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
They completely deserve it, I'm not gonna start hating on Axl, but if you're turning up late to a festival that thousands of people have paid to see, some just for your band, you should at least have the common decency to turn up on time.

LONGEDIT: Douchey move on the festival organisers part though.
Quote by Milesthedude
If you're havin' room problems I feel bad for you son,
I got 99 problems but a room ain't one.

Artist of the Month: Mic Righteous

Birmingham City FC

Carling Cup Winners 2011
Last edited by longman240 at Aug 27, 2010,
Not tolerating playing after 11:30, seriously? What a lame festival
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
I refused to even try to get a reading ticket this year just on the basis of the axl show playing there, and this doesn't surprise me in the least.

I wish he would just fuck off to be honest.

Quote by meta1militia

Its not because of the time, it is because most people there have probably been on their feet from early afternoon watching bands, if a band turned up half hour late, i would be quite pissed, if it was an hour late i would either chilling at my campsite or doing something better, forget waiting around.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Aug 27, 2010,
Serves the douche right.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
At least he played the full set and gave the fans what they paid for instead of showing up late, and then going off early because he wanted to avoid the fine.

Though I could be misunderstanding the situation. He played later than 11 30 Because he was an hour late, and they gave him a fine for playing too late into the night, not for showing up late, right?
Quote by meta1militia

Oh hello, Law.
I was there, he turned up an hour late. I dont think he realised the laws regarding it as he did not bring the set to a close. He was told towards the end of nightrain that he had to stop after that song. He refused to stop so they cut the power. After thatthey sat at the front of the stage with megaphones and acoustics singing paradise city
Annoying that their set was cut an hour short though, considering so many peple turned up to see them.
Hi , im luke, i play guitar
Actaully, I saw two days ago there was an interview with the festival organiser and talked about exactly this. They played Leeds in like 2002/2003 or something and they were an hour late then aswell and played through the curfew.

Douches.
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
Good, they should have been fined. I don't give a damn how big your band is, be on time.
On one side of the case I applaud him for actually going through with the set, but on another side; What an idiot to come that late, yet again. As someone over me said; I dont give a damn how big your band is, be one time. It's not that ****ing hard.
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
Quote by Kergash
On one side of the case I applaud him for actually going through with the set, but on another side; What an idiot to come that late, yet again. As someone over me said; I dont give a damn how big your band is, be one time. It's not that ****ing hard.

Hendrix was never on time...

But then again, he had actual talent.
Quote by Kumanji

he lived in a time where it was cool to be late for your own gig.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Kumanji

You can't deny that Axl is one talented guy. Awesome singer, writer and above all... frontman.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
The coverage of this years Reading by the BBC was so shit, they just showed al the trendy shit Radio 1 indie bands.

I swear they only televised about 5 songs of Paramore's set but kept relenting with countless identical indie bands.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
The man is a twat. I am not surprised by this at all.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Does Axl Rose even HAVE fans anymore? Seriously.
I saw the coverage and he was just appauling, and the crowd were just standing there with a face like "Oh dear lord what have I done?"
Quote by Demon Wolf
You can't deny that Axl is one talented guy. Awesome singer, writer and above all... frontman.

Was...
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Was...

IS

Whole Lotta Rosie 2010- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-QZJsf-hXI
Nightrain 2006- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBw_U3GNJJo
Sailing 2006- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsK9gCg32Qw

He sings much better now than he did back in his catastrophe years 01-02.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I disagree, just because he was SO good, compared to then he's meh. And he's still a complete douche, but I guess he always has been.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by nmitchell076
GNR should be fined for playing.

Fix'd
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
Quote by EndTheRapture51
The coverage of this years Reading by the BBC was so shit, they just showed al the trendy shit Radio 1 indie bands.

I swear they only televised about 5 songs of Paramore's set but kept relenting with countless identical indie bands.

God, the irony burns. Paramore aren't a trendy radio 1 band? They're not a carbon-copy pop-punk band?

With that said, I'm glad I didn't go this year. Line-up was shit and I'm sure it was full of tweeny cunts, as ever.
Only band I would have gone to seen were QOTSA and they're playing over here in February on a beach so no loss.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I was reading the part in Slash's autobiography when he was giving off about Axl showing up late for the shows while i was at work on Saturday night. When i got home i heard about this and i just laughed. Axl's a douchebag
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
That's why you don't go to see the Axl Rose show, classic Guns N Roses were the last great hard rock band, but it's just a joke now. Give me Velvet Revolver anyday.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Page 1 of 2