hey guys! I've been enjoying my line 6 m13, and playing with scenes, then suddenly this comes up.

has anyone's m13's lcds screwed up recently?

...what pisses me off is this is my 2nd line 6 m13 unit. I have never had a decent properly working m13. can anyone explain this?

ps. i posted in line 6 forums too they said they're coming up with a fix for it, but then this has been on for weeks/months/a year. i certainly am not rushing/imposing on them, but its really just sad.

and a bunch of people speculated that it was from some voltage requirement? they said that since voltage fluctuates (by +/-5v), it can screw up the unit for a while. Can anyone confirm this? :|

GAH FRUSTRATING
Last edited by JohnnySoul at Aug 27, 2010,
Are they all like this all the time? What version are you running.

My M13's 2nd fx unit has the wrong color for the distortion pedals and it won't fix even when I go into the color changing settings, but that's the only thing wrong with mine
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Could be one of two things:

Either the LCD driver has several bad decoder lines, or

The contact fitting between the LCD panel and the circuit board are no longer making good contact. LCDs typically use a strip connector, which just presses against contacts on the circuit board. Sometimes, just removing the LCD panel and cleaning both contact points with pure isopropyl alcohol is enough to fix the problem. If you've never done this before, or the unit is in warranty, I'd recommend letting a pro take care of it.
Quote by JohnnySoul

and a bunch of people speculated that it was from some voltage requirement? they said that since voltage fluctuates (by +/-5v), it can screw up the unit for a while. Can anyone confirm this? :|

GAH FRUSTRATING

Which voltage? The incoming AC line voltage? Even if that were to fluctuate by +/-5v, the power supply should be able to accomodate it and produce a regulated output.

If they're referring to the internal voltages produced by the power supply fluctuating that much, then there's a design problem. Those voltages should all be regulated and tightly controlled.
@facingusall im on v2, latest. I dont know why they're okay with shipping such products with defects :| I have a friend who has the same problem as yours, and he's too lazy to give it back cause he got it from another country.

I got mine from another country too and it takes 3 weeks to bring it there, and back. it's annoying.

@KG6_Steven - i'm not sure what they meant with fluctuating, :| i can't find the thread again.

but the bad decoder lines part, is that fix-able?

thanks so much for your input, guys!
If the decoder lines are bad, it would require a replacement IC. It's going to be a surface mount component, which requires special skills and equipment.