I'm just here asking whether anyone here has been through MEPS and what to expect there.

And I'm taking a test called a DLAB, to determine whether or not I can get the training I want (linguistics). I hear the test is pretty damn vicious, any truth to that?

Any other military-related input is appreciated too (I'm shooting for the Air Force, fyi). Thanks!
MEPS is just getting poked and prodded.
Never took the DLAB.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
MEPS is just getting poked and prodded.
Never took the DLAB.

Okay, that actually helps a lot. Getting my butt fingered isn't so bad.
MEPS is full of asshole doctors. They were taking my blood sample and another doctor was saying, "guess what, she's the 3rd best doctor here, and there's only 3 of us, har har har"

I hated the DLAB, some of it didn't make sense

For example:

If durperder means 3
and blaplues means 5

what does alsdkjfaew mean?

choices:
A. 4
B. 5
C. 6
D. 92
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Hey man, I joined the Marines and went to MEPS in December of 2008. I took the DLAB in January of 2009.

MEPS is just getting poked and prodded like Jackal said, it's basically the longest physical you'll ever have (unless you're going on flight status). Just drink lots of water, the piss test is the hardest part.

The DLAB however is a different animal. Strictly speaking I'm not supposed to disclose any information about it. But I can tell you that it's hard. I'm a damn smart guy (92 ASVAB) and I left there with a headache. I would recommend that you google and see what information is out there, or get a DLAB prep book if that's what you really want to do. I know the Corps wants at least a 100, but they'll waiver it down to a 90. Either way, good luck!

On a side note, which branch are you joining, and what kinda job are you going for?
My Gear:

MIM Fat Strat
Ibanez V70CE
Epiphone S-210
Danelectro '59 Factory Spec Reissue
Godin 5th Ave Kingpin

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (x2)
Crybaby 535Q Wah
Marshall Regenerator
EHX Little Big Muff
BBE "Supa-Charger" Power Supply
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

I hated the DLAB, some of it didn't make sense

For example:

If durperder means 3
and blaplues means 5

what does alsdkjfaew mean?

choices:
A. 4
B. 5
C. 6
D. 92
Well, ****. :/
Quote by EdgedInBlue
Hey man, I joined the Marines and went to MEPS in December of 2008. I took the DLAB in January of 2009.

MEPS is just getting poked and prodded like Jackal said, it's basically the longest physical you'll ever have (unless you're going on flight status). Just drink lots of water, the piss test is the hardest part.

The DLAB however is a different animal. Strictly speaking I'm not supposed to disclose any information about it. But I can tell you that it's hard. I'm a damn smart guy (92 ASVAB) and I left there with a headache. I would recommend that you google and see what information is out there, or get a DLAB prep book if that's what you really want to do. I know the Corps wants at least a 100, but they'll waiver it down to a 90. Either way, good luck!

On a side note, which branch are you joining, and what kinda job are you going for?

I'm going into the Air Force, hopefully to be a linguist, if I don't fail the DLAB.
Quote by GogglesVK
Well, ****. :/

I'm going into the Air Force, hopefully to be a linguist, if I don't fail the DLAB.

I somehow only failed it by 2 points, I figured I'd only get 2 points right
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
MEPS was kinda cool because they put us in this fancy hotel the night before. Just make sure you study for the piss test. I have no clue wtf a DLAB is since I was a grunt. I made an 88 on the ASVAB though.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
Quote by Luke200420
MEPS was kinda cool because they put us in this fancy hotel the night before. Just make sure you study for the piss test. I have no clue wtf a DLAB is since I was a grunt. I made an 88 on the ASVAB though.

How the hell do you study for a piss test?
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How the hell do you study for a piss test?

You cram for it. Lots and lots of water.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Make sure your clean.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
And apparently now at MEPS you gotta do a 100-pound clean and jerk lift. Never done one of them, but I hear it's nthoing to worry about.
Quote by GogglesVK
And apparently now at MEPS you gotta do a 100-pound clean and jerk lift. Never done one of them, but I hear it's nthoing to worry about.

Ever been to a kegger? Ever picked up the keg?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Ever been to a kegger? Ever picked up the keg?

well that sure as hell eliminates the chances for alot of people entering.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
well that sure as hell eliminates the chances for alot of people entering.

A keg is about 170 lbs. If you can pick that up and move it you can most likely put 100lbs over your head.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
A keg is about 170 lbs. If you can pick that up and move it you can most likely put 100lbs over your head.

Well, thanks, Jackal. You've put my nervous ass at ease today.
MEPs is pretty simple, wake up at 3: 30, make sure you can move right, vision tests, drug tests, get felt up by a little asian dude, and watch gi jane and blackhawk down 15 times. nothin to worry about haha.
as far as the Dlab, according to my understanding they creat a made up language and you have to decipher it. id suggest you begin studying up on ciphers and codes and such. learning which letters are the most used in the english language etc.
If I stay too quiet
I can hear her walking by
Death cold air is moving
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Quote by GogglesVK

100? thats pretty easy, but with airforce its like 70 i think... was when i went through meps anyway. which is ridiculously easy. just dont worry about it
If I stay too quiet
Death cold air is moving

ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Quote by GogglesVK
[blah blah blah] DLAB [blah blah blah] (linguistics) [blah blah blah] Air Force [blah blah blah]

ONE OF US!

If you've never bent over and displayed your asshole for a man who looks like he died of old age ten years ago, MEPS will only have one real surprise in store for you, other than the initial shock when you realize that a medical examination is taking 12 hours of your day.

There's not a lot I'm legally allowed to disclose about the DLAB, but what I can tell you is that it's a pretty tough test. It doesn't necessarily try to trick you, but you have to really trust your instincts on it and pay very close attention to the subtleties and the details in the stuff that you're presented. It also helps to have a good grasp of grammar.

Also, how you feel afterward is no indication of how well you did. Back when I took it I was sure I failed but as it turned out I did pretty well on it.
Last edited by madbasslover at Aug 28, 2010,
Quote by GogglesVK
Well, thanks, Jackal. You've put my nervous ass at ease today.

You're joining the Air Force. Always keep your ass nervous.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by madbasslover

C'mon, man, we're not the Navy. If anything, we have to worry about ass boils.

lmao, exactly what MOS are you in?
If I stay too quiet
Death cold air is moving

ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Quote by madbasslover

C'mon, man, we're not the Navy. If anything, we have to worry about ass boils.

Alright. I can't resist a navy basher.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by madbasslover
>.>

If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

I'm a linguist.

awesome im shipping out for SERE jan 18th haha
If I stay too quiet
Death cold air is moving

ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Don't worry, though by "don't worry" I don't mean "don't study". My brother got like, a 70 and was told that he aced it and qualified for any MOS he wanted.
Quote by madbasslover
>.>

If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

I'm a linguist.

I was an infantryman. I didn't have to say anything.
Then I was a cryptographer. I could tell you everything but you would never understand it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Blackritual0
awesome im shipping out for SERE jan 18th haha

Nice! Good luck with that, man, their training is pretty intense. Personally, I think it would be great to try for PJ, but my fat ass would fail out at the 0200 wake-up call when they failed to get me out of the tent.
I never took the DLAB, but I went through MEPS. It's all very thorough, but nothing too wierd until you get to the physical exam. You will never see so many people laughing before walking into a room and then coming out looking like their dog died. Although it's wierd, you can expect to be told to bend over and spread you butt cheeks. For the range-of-motion portion, they have you do something called the duck walk......I think I'll let you find out about that one on your own, and it's not the same kinda duck walk that you see from Chuck Barry or Angus Young either. This one's way more comical.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Quote by madbasslover
Nice! Good luck with that, man, their training is pretty intense. Personally, I think it would be great to try for PJ, but my fat ass would fail out at the 0200 wake-up call when they failed to get me out of the tent.

lmao, yeah pjs pretty ****ing intense :p i have a friend whos going to try that... the crap they they have to do is ridiculous :p
If I stay too quiet
Death cold air is moving

ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Quote by Blackritual0
lmao, yeah pjs pretty ****ing intense :p i have a friend whos going to try that... the crap they they have to do is ridiculous :p

Yeah, dude. Did you see that special on Discovery channel the other day about their extended training day? That looked like the most mind-bogglingly physically and mentally demanding thing any human being could ever conceive.
Quote by madbasslover
Yeah, dude. Did you see that special on Discovery channel the other day about their extended training day? That looked like the most mind-bogglingly physically and mentally demanding thing any human being could ever conceive.

Was just another day in the 82nd.

PJ duty is cool.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi