So Avatar has three different types of cabs. So I was wondering if the differences are aesthetic only, or if they were designed to perform differently. IE the contemporary cab being larger and heavier to provide a better bass response.
each one is based off the specifications of older well known cabs. contemporary is based on an orange ppc cab, vintage is based on a marshall blues breaker style cab, and the traditional is based on fender designs (i think, i am not too sure though, might just be a 'generic' cab).

the biggest differences would be configurations, the dimensions will dictate internal reflection and projection qualities. there are differences, being able to appreciate them is for a bit more advanced and discerning players.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
each one is based off the specifications of older well known cabs. contemporary is based on an orange ppc cab, vintage is based on a marshall blues breaker style cab, and the traditional is based on fender designs (i think, i am not too sure though, might just be a 'generic' cab).

the biggest differences would be configurations, the dimensions will dictate internal reflection and projection qualities. there are differences, being able to appreciate them is for a bit more advanced and discerning players.

Great answer.

I was expecting "Call Dave and ask"
Quote by Matt15f
bro,

call dave and ask.

lol.. thats such a bitch right there
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Question is this

what kind of music do you play most?
what guitar and other gear do you have now?
speaker choice will be harder than cab choice?
can you call Dave and ask?

Dave told me the Trad and Contemp were exactly the same. The thickness of the wood is the same except for the trim. Also take a look at his convertible cabs and Hellatone speakers.