So I have my mind set on a vox VT15 and I can either get it off craigslist for $140 or buy it brand new from the store for $175 is it worth the lower price to buy used? And the amp is in mint condition from craigslist.

EDIT: Plus tax it's about $200 im saving $60 right there if buying used.
Last edited by Dig_a_Pony at Aug 28, 2010,
Well, if you get it on craigslist, you can try it out before you pay. So go for it, see how you feel about it. It's up to you if you like it. If you think a new one would be best, get it new.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
First of all. I wouldn't reccomend that amp. It's really muddy and the mids are too high for my liking. But if your heart is set on that amp I would definitely try to get the guy to go lower on the price. For 30 bucks I would go new just so you know your going to have a fully mint condition item with warrranty. I'm selling my VT15-XL, but I wouldn't ship it and all that for 100 bucks.
I always buy used, see if you can get him lower that that. Maybe about a hundred bucks.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I'd buy it new because, the tube inside could be worn down a bit, and if its worn down enough you could have to replace it, and tubes can be like $20 for one. Although tubes dont go as quickly in the VT series as a normal tube amp, as these are modeling amps.
well first of all I can't try it cause we are meeting at a train station.

and second yeah I'm set on it, im a beginner 2 months and want the added effects...]

also ill actually be saving about $50 cause of taxes so that's a bonus...

and hes got original warranty papers
the warranty doesn't cover the tube going bad after normal use, it would cover it if it was defective and amp wouldn't have any sound, or the tube blows after playing it reasonably for not that long. And you'd have to see how long the warranty actually lasts it could be only 30 days.
This is one of the few cases I'd suggest buying it new. For $35 more, the benefits of a new amp far outweigh the savings on a used one.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^ yeah. actually i normally buy new, but if a guy who has bought more guitar-related items used than most users here have had hot dinners is telling you to buy it new and that it's not worth going second-hand, you should probably buy it new.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah. actually i normally buy new, but if a guy who has bought more guitar-related items used than most users here have had hot dinners is telling you to buy it new and that it's not worth going second-hand, you should probably buy it new.

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
TS question answered

Threadjacking time

MC,how much did you spend for your CObra head?and I see no tone tests of it

do ONE NAO!!!!

and please,something thats NOT rose of sharyn
Quote by archenemyfan
MC,how much did you spend for your CObra head?and I see no tone tests of it

do ONE NAO!!!!

and please,something thats NOT rose of sharyn

$1100, and there's a tone test in there, you just gotta click "View All MP3s." Sorry, Rose of Sharyn

I might do one soon of my own song, since I finally have it plugged into its matching cab.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
$1100, and there's a tone test in there, you just gotta click "View All MP3s." Sorry, Rose of Sharyn

I might do one soon of my own song, since I finally have it plugged into its matching cab.

wow thats a good price....whats the normal used price for those bad boys?

I kinda didnt like the tone in the clip though..

can you do idols and anchors by parkway drive?