Ok guys, with my recently aquired job and album recording coming up soon, I am in need of a serious pedalboard.
First thing's first, info:
I'm playing trad doom with some stoner influences in B standard with a Hartke HA5500 and an Ibanez BTB675.
My only current pedal that I am planning on featuring on my gigging board is my Morley PBA-2 wah.
Pedals I am considering:
-EHX small stone nano
-volume pedal of some sort (need help here)
-MXR m-80 DI+
-TC Electronic Polytuner
-MXR 288 bass octave deluxe

What I need is opnions on these pedals, chain order (the m-80 is going last whatever happens) and how much volume loss I would have with them all in the signal chain.

Any other comments/suggestions welcome too.

thanks
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
If your DI has two inputs, you should put one signal into it after the volume pedal, and one after all your effects so whoever is doing sound can have your clean sound and your effects sound in separate channels. Which leads me to my next point, tuner definitely first (thats just a given), then volume pedal. Then I would go octave and finally distortion back into the DI.

So basically....

..............................................-->House
Bass-->Tuner-->Volume-->DI-->Octave-->Distortion-->DI-->House
.................................................................................-->Amp

Sorry for my shitty drawing of your chain
With the M80 in there, losing gain shouldn't be a problem.

This might be just my own narrow-minded view but I can't see the use of a volume pedal with bass unless you're really pushing a tube amp. (Think Nick Oliveri.)

Edit: I have a broken Small Stone Nano (occasionally works, means there's a loose part I think) that's yours if you cover the postage (+ a few quid for a bus journey. ) The only pedals I want are a wah (my WD7), a fuzz (my Russian Big Muff) and an octaver (still working on that.)
Last edited by Spaz91 at Aug 29, 2010,
It was more for quick 'volume off' and for putting a tuner before so I could tune silently.

EDIT: how broken is 'broken'?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at Aug 29, 2010,
Quote by gilly_90
It was more for quick 'volume off' and for putting a tuner before so I could tune silently.

EDIT: how broken is 'broken'

I got the name wrong, its a Nano Clone Chorus, the offer stands though! It has worked in the past, I think I just knocked it or something. Now when it's engaged it cuts the sound into something almost inaudible.

As for volume off, save some money and use the mute switch on your amp!