hey guys

i've been playing guitar for a few years now and decided to pick up bass guitar

what kind of bass would you recommend me?

it must be pretty cheap and the style of music i mostly play is hard rock and doom metal
any ideas?
gear :epiphone g400 custom
squier bullet strat
orange crush 15r
boss ds-2
fame ml-30
red hill CDG-3 SEQ

beaners gonna kick you in the face
By Doom Metal

Do you mean the Black Sabbath kind, or the modern metal muddy kind?

If its the Black Sabbath kind, Geezer i always felt had quite a jazzy tone (before he started playing the Richenbacker bass). Plus he had quite a trebley edge to his playing, strong finger picking but he picked literally on the neck which effects the sound also.

Id say try a cheap Yamaha, i started out with one of those cost me about £90 to £100. I used to play Black Sabbath on it n it suited that sound great. With a pick also it was good for the hard rock sound, and by that im talking the old GNR poingy sound. Wack some chorus effect over it and you are Duff mark 2.
ok i will look into those
thanks a lot!
squier bullet strat
orange crush 15r
boss ds-2
fame ml-30
red hill CDG-3 SEQ

Quote by mrlee192
By Doom Metal

Do you mean the Black Sabbath kind, or the modern metal muddy kind?

please elaborate.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
anything that resembles a p bass will do well.

i suggest a used yamaha bb414.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by gilly_90
please elaborate.
Ask the topic poster, he put Doom Metal.

My post was questioning him on whether he ment that old 70s sound, or the later Death Doom stuff.
Nah, I was just thinking that if you can't find any good modern doom, you're looking in the wrong places
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
Nah, I was just thinking that if you can't find any good modern doom, you're looking in the wrong places

No not at all, im not really a fan of the genre anyway, i just know what it sounds like (to a point). There is one new Doom band though kickin it oldschool but i forgot the damn name lol. The singer looked like Rob Zombie a bit. N they were in classic rock magazine quite a number of times.
well i meant the black sabbath kind xD
squier bullet strat
orange crush 15r
boss ds-2
fame ml-30
red hill CDG-3 SEQ

What exactly is your budget for the bass? Are you willing to go used? And how much are wiling to spend on an amp?

Those questions must be answered. It's hard to give you the best possible suggestions with a broad term such as "pretty cheap."
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
well i already have an amp (my brothers ) the budget will be something under 200 euros
and used is fine for me
squier bullet strat
orange crush 15r
boss ds-2
fame ml-30
red hill CDG-3 SEQ