Do you use all 4 fingers? You should also remember that ppl develop at a different rate, im sure you can improve your speed with enough practise. Guitar playing isn't about being the fastest or not, it's about the feeling you get
I woulda put this in Guitar Technique, or something.

But, if you want to play fast, then play *really* slow. If you can, play to a metronome. But play it as perfectly as you can, as slowly as you need to be. After you get it perfect at some ridiculously slow speed, then increase the speed a tiny bit. If you just try to play quickly, then you'll only learn it sloppily, if at all
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
i only use my pinky when i need to stretch over 3 to 4 frets. yeah i enjoy playing heaps, but i just want to get some solos down.
try learning it slow, then go up 4 bpm, down 2, up 4, down two.
should help you build speed while keeping you in time.
Yeah the advice above is right on the money;
Heres what i recommend anyway.

Practise chromatic excercises for at least 5 minutes everyday to a metronome, up the speed very gradually when you can play it CLEANLY and comfortably
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Same problem with me guys. I have tried a lot but still my progress in speed is not good.
R|$|-|a\/ |<|-|a7r1
You shouldn't really try to compare yourself to others because everyone learns at their own speed.

adj209 got it right, just do the same thing with the solos you are trying to learn and make sure to keep it clean. If you keep making mistakes then slow down the metronome and gradually build it up to speed
Live Till It Hurts
Quote by hevvymetal2410
I've been playing for over a year and i've barely made an improvement. My mate who has started at the same time can play Cowboys from Hell solo and MOP solo. The fastest i can go is nothing else matters. Is there something wrong with my technique? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rafbCTnf9-s
Any tips?

Keep Playing and pratice scales start slow then fast
Joseph A. Guerrero
Quote by hevvymetal2410
I've been playing for over a year and i've barely made an improvement. My mate who has started at the same time can play Cowboys from Hell solo and MOP solo. The fastest i can go is nothing else matters. Is there something wrong with my technique? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rafbCTnf9-s
Any tips?

dude, that sounded beautiful for 1 year. When I had been playing for a year all I could do was powerchords ... speed definitely comes with doing chromatic scales
i've got a gun in my hand but that gun won't cock
my finger's on the trigger but that trigger seems locked
i can't stop staring at the tick tock clock
and even if i could i would never give up
practice makes perfect, dude. seriously. practice. stretch your fingers out. ask for help from other people. just go for it. also, i would suggest learning how to key properly. that's shockingly helpful, because it teaches you how to move your fingers fast. it's nothing personal. it's just a helpful way of learning how to move quickly.