Hi, does any have any suggestions for a home/studio power amp, that is versatile enough to handle blues and rock/alternative. My budget is about £300. And i am at an improver level.

Thanks
Quote by mattygamefreak
How about maybe a Fender Frontman or a Vox AC15 Valve Reactor?

i already have the Fender frontman 15G. But it just does not cut the musturd.
In what way does the Frontman not achieve the sound you want? It'll help give me a better idea of what you're searching for.
I'd check out the Vox AC15 then. While it has some sick clean and can pull off some crazy blues it's still good for some hard overdriven tones. It'd probably come pretty close to your entire budget but worth it.
Quote by CombatWombat 95
The clean sounds are pretty good but, the gain channel is quite thin.

pick up a swollen pickle pedal if you want some gain/crunch that suits your needs...i would look up reviews first though :P
Gear:
Dean Flying V
Franciscan Model A ClassicalGuitar
Ibanez Acoustic
Dean Acoustic Bass EABG
Mitchell Mu-70 Ukulele
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Korg Kaossilator
Yamaha Keyboard
Boss Metal Core
Fishman RareEarth Humbucker
How metallica like tones, ive heard about the Randall Kirk Hammett signature. Does anyone know what thats like?
Fender Super Champ XD. See if you try it out at a local music shop. It has 2 channels, one is amazingly clean, and two is like a modelling channel with 16 different sounds. On the second channel, you can get very decent metal tones by putting it to sound 14 or 13 and turn the gain up to max, or close. I really think you would love this amp. Oh, it is a 15W Tube Amp actually. You might still want to buy a pedal for the Super Champ, but don't until you've tried it out without a pedal.
~~~...:::My Gear:::...~~~
~.:.ESP LTD H-1001FM.:.~
~.:.Peavey Vypyr 15W.:.~
~.:.DigiTech RP355.:.~
~.:.Roland MicroCube.:.~
Last edited by Diesel Weasel at Aug 28, 2010,
Quote by Diesel Weasel
Fender Super Champ XD. See if you try it out at a local music shop. It has 2 channels, one is amazingly clean, and two is like a modelling channel with 16 different sounds. On the second channel, you can get very decent metal tones by putting it to sound 14 or 13 and turn the gain up to max, or close. I really think you would love this amp. Oh, it is a 15W Tube Amp actually. You might still want to buy a pedal for the Super Champ, but don't until you've tried it out without a pedal.

Thanks man, i heard about them but it seems good i will try it.