Hi, im Sean and im new to the forum (^_^)

So i've been trying to figure out how to get a tougher lead guitar tone, my rig is Washburn Vindicator plugged to a Laney LX65R and an EHX Pocket Metal Muff, my Riffing tone is great, but my lead tone just isnt good enough for me, so i've been thinking about getting a new pedal or something, or new pickups. what do you guys recommend?
Welcome Sean

Mids make you stand out more in the mix, so definitely try an EQ pedal (dano fish n chips for a budget, MXR 6/10 bands if you have a little more cash) set to boost mids, and step on that for solos.

Or, you could just try setting your mids higher on your amp first.
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
Aye, you should get an EQ pedal. If you like your tone for rhythm, then all you need to do when you switch to lead is turn on the pedal.

As for the pedal itself, you should boost the mids on it, since mids add more punch and oomf.

I have a Boss GE7 which I love. I bought mine used though and it happened to be an MIJ one, so I don't know if the new ones are any worse.

I've heard good things about Fish and Chips also, though I've never used one.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Welcome Sean!

As RatFish already said, mids will be the answer with your solo cutting through live. So I'd definitely try that first.

Do you have some sort of budget for a pedal, if necessary?
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Really depends on your budget.....but for a lead boost the ehx lpb-1 would be perfect.....and won't break ur wallet.
I say an eq pedal. I was fiddling around with one and GOOD GRIEF! I just might have to buy one eventually. It even made the Boss Metal Zone and Metal Core sound good (less treble on the distortion pedal, more mids on the eq). You can take out whatever, put more of something else you need, and even bump up the volume, all at the same time. Will definitely be useful for adding punch.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
EQ pedal, a lot more mids and cut the bass a little. Works wonders for my lead tone.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
T00b skreemer for teh Br00talz leeds

Or an EQ, whichever works...
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
MXR 10 band in front of the amp. The 10 band is easier to adjust the overall output level than the 6 band. Out front will give you more distortion as you turn up the output of the EQ, put it in the loop if you just want a volume boost and tone change with no extra distortion.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification