I bought an Ibanez Paul Gilbert Airplane Flanger a while back, and lately it's been pretty screwy. If I try to turn it on, sometimes the volume will cut way back, and then even if I turn it off, the volume will remain almost inaudibly quiet. If I stomp on the pedal hard a few times (the actual pedal, not the switches) the volume will come back though.

I can't seem to find a number to contact Ibanez to fix it, but I would have no clue how to do it myself. I'm guessing it's some loose wiring or something. Does anybody have any ideas on how I could fix this issue? Much appreciated if you do.
Are you using a power supply?
Are you using a battery?

If you are using a battery, is it a fresh one?

Firstly try using a new battery.

Does pulling on the cables near the jacks cause any cut-outs?
Ah, I should have mentioned that, sorry. I'm using a power supply to power the pedal, and I've tried fiddling with the cables and using different cables as well, with no success. If I cut the pedal out of the loop entirely, I have no problems and all of the other pedals work perfectly. So I think the issue is inside the Flanger.
the af2 draws 39mA, what other pedals are you using of the same power supply as it`s most likely that if you are running any other pedals off the same supply that there isn`t enough to power the af2.

edit:-what country are you in i`ll find you the contact info for ibanez.....if in the usa i need to know the state.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Aug 28, 2010,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
the af2 draws 39mA, what other pedals are you using of the same power supply as it`s most likely that if you are running any other pedals off the same supply that there isn`t enough to power the af2.

edit:-what country are you in i`ll find you the contact info for ibanez.....if in the usa i need to know the state.

I can't remember if the adapter came with it or if I bought one separately, but I know the adapter I have goes with this Flanger specifically. It's only powering the AF2, and it worked perfectly for the first few months I had the pedal.

Wow, could you? That would be excellent. I'm in Pennsylvania. Much appreciated.