EDIT: Sorry if this thread seemed unnecessary, I was really pissed off when I lost.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-1987-RG550-20th-Anniversary-Limited-Edition-/160471323435?pt=Guitar

My plan to buy this was ruined because the other guy used automatic bidding.

I think automatic bidding is extremely unfair. Ebay doesn't even notify you that the other person is using automatic bidding, which ****s you up big time.

That RG is one of the perfect guitars for me, and hat was the only one I found online. Now some dickhead has it.

Who else hates automatic bidding and finds it unfair?
Last edited by TMF128 at Aug 28, 2010,
It's not unfair. It just means that that guy was willing to pay more than you to get it. Obviously he wanted it a lot more than you did, or had a lot more money to waste.

I agree that it really is a bitch, but whining about it won't make it go away or change anything.

And it's not like it's the end of the world. There will be other RG's, always.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
If you mean something like Auction Sniper, then there's no way Ebay even knows someone is using it.
You should've received notification that you had been outbid. I've used automatic bidding a lot to get items. I don't think it's unfair - it just all depends on how much one is willing to spend on an item.
Yeah it's not unfair, you're just a cheap bitch.
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
You'll find another RG, just keep looking.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
To someone who lives on other side of the world the automatic bidding's a bliss because you don't have to wake up at ****ing 5am to check it. And it really forces you to think how much you're willing to pay for it in the first place.. bid struggles can be bad for ya wallet.
Quote by EvoLancer211
Yeah it's not unfair, you're just a cheap bitch.

**** you.

Part of the reason why I am so pissed is because there are no other RG's that I like as much as this. Most of the ones in my price range are hideous, except for the RG550 reissue.
Last edited by TMF128 at Aug 28, 2010,
I think it's unfair (and childish) that you refer to him as a "dickhead" simply because you didn't get your way.

It's not like he was conspiring against you and bought it just so you couldn't have it.

As already said, he was willing to pay more for it, and thus, won it fair and square.

I got outbid on something I really wanted by someone using automatic bidding once, and I was sad that I lost, but I didn't bitch and moan about it; the guy was simply willing to pay more for it.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
You use Automatic Bidding every time you bid on eBay, thats what setting your maximum bid is. Its not anyone elses fault that you didn't set your bid high enough, clearly someone else was willing to pay more than you, and if you didn't set your max bid as high as you would've gone, thats your fault.
Its just a RG550XX, I've seen at least 20 of them for sale in the last 6 months, you've hardly missed out.