I wanna get a good Locking Tremelo; as the one I have right now isn't brilliant, I considered getting a Floyd Rose SpeedLoader but I don't really want the annoyance of buying special strings for it...especially seeing how their now discontinued.

So I wondered if anyone knows of a tremelo system with the same/similar advantages as the SpeedLoader? Just without the disadvantage of buying special strings exclusive to that model.
Quote by guitaristtobe40

So I wondered if anyone knows of a tremelo system with the same/similar advantages as the SpeedLoader? Just without the disadvantage of buying special strings exclusive to that model.

Thats pretty much the only advantage of the speedloader, was the strings. Its was a horrible idea, which is why they are discontinued. A standard Floyd Rose should make you happy.
Well; I've got one at the mo, but its pretty shit.

It stays in tune reasonably well but is always a little flat; which is a nuisance when your playing along others, I also dislike it when it goes out of tune while doing pitch bends and of course when a string snaps.

This is what drew me to the idea of replacing it with a Speedloader; but since they no longer produce strings for it, I'm looking for an alternative.
Last edited by guitaristtobe40 at Aug 28, 2010,
Quote by guitaristtobe40
Well; I've got one at the mo, but its pretty shit.

It stays in tune reasonably well but is always a little flat; which is a nuisance when your playing along others, I also dislike it when it goes out of tune while doing pitch bends and of course when a string snaps.

This is what drew to the idea of replacing it with a Speedloader; but since they no longer produce strings for it, I'm looking for an alternative.

All Floyds are going to go out of tune when doing bends, its in their design. When you bend a string, you put more tension on the bridge, which will in turn make the other 5 strings go slightly out of tune.

Same thing happens when a string breaks. Suddenly there is less tension on the bridge and all the other strings will go out of tune.

The speedloader isn't any better. As a matter of fact, its probably the most worthless piece of shit Floyd Rose ever produced.

Its not fun to change tunings with a Floyd, but it can be done if you set the Floyd up correctly for the new tuning. However with a Speedloader, you are stuck in E standard. At all times. You have no choice in the matter.

Not to mention in a few years it will probably be almost impossible to find a set of strings for that piece of shit.

If your not happy with the Floyd, then try a Schaller trem, or get yourself a hardtail.
Quote by Matt420740
All Floyds are going to go out of tune when doing bends, its in their design. When you bend a string, you put more tension on the bridge, which will in turn make the other 5 strings go slightly out of tune.

Same thing happens when a string breaks. Suddenly there is less tension on the bridge and all the other strings will go out of tune.

The speedloader isn't any better. As a matter of fact, its probably the most worthless piece of shit Floyd Rose ever produced.

Its not fun to change tunings with a Floyd, but it can be done if you set the Floyd up correctly for the new tuning. However with a Speedloader, you are stuck in E standard. At all times. You have no choice in the matter.

Not to mention in a few years it will probably be almost impossible to find a set of strings for that piece of shit.

If your not happy with the Floyd, then try a Schaller trem, or get yourself a hardtail.

Well obviously; I knew thats all the standard bullshit you get with Floyds, but thats the whole reason I was considering a Speedloader...since its meant eliminate those problems. I have put research into this.

Plus I want it to be in standard tuning (or at least Eb); I have another guitar without trem locks for other tunings.

But I'll look up these Schaller trems too see if their any better.
Last edited by guitaristtobe40 at Aug 28, 2010,