E-------------12-15-12--------------
B----------13-----------13-----------
G-------14-----------------14--------
D12-15-----------------------15-12-
A--------------------------------------
E--------------------------------------

i get unwanted string noise on the b strring and it's annoying as hell. i cant find a way to mute it. any help would be great thanks
You sure thats the right pattern?

Its a really nice one but its an odd number of notes, groups of five are quite awkward.

Anyway, with your fingers on the high E string, push them towards the B string (without bending the E) so that they lightly touch it to prevent it ringing when you're not playing it.
Last edited by mishax92 at Aug 28, 2010,
it is a weird one but it can be true :p, what I always do is practice them while using a clean setting REALLY slow, then SLOWLY speed up,
In case you missed it do it SLOWLY :p, and also a neat little tip is use the thumb of your right hand to mute the strings you've already swept, en by thumb I mean the piece of bone that is sticking out when you hold your pick,

I hope that's any help, and if you didn't get what I was trying to say just do a PM

"and remember kids, sweep well not fast "
the last 12 note is actually the one at the start

thanks for the tips im gonna try that now

edit: i still get string noise when i sweep upwards :S
edit again: i think i got it
Last edited by ashley7000 at Aug 28, 2010,
Quote by ashley7000
E-------------12-15-12--------------
B----------13-----------13-----------
G-------14-----------------14--------
D12-15-----------------------15-12-
A--------------------------------------
E--------------------------------------

i get unwanted string noise on the b strring and it's annoying as hell. i cant find a way to mute it. any help would be great thanks

Use the palm of your picking hand to mute the strings.
Quote by Oixord
Use the palm of your picking hand to mute the strings.

This. But not the palm palm, use the same palm you use for palm muting, a directly above the bridge pickup.