Page 1 of 2
Hey guys,

After every tweet of Slash the man does this

Iiii

What does the Iiii part mean? Is he signing?

Lol this maybe a fail thread but just answer me, fail to come up with any answer through google.

*btw, nice album Slash*
Gear:
Spear SHL-1 Evil Monkey
Digitech RP350
Vietnamese Made - Duy Ngọc Acoustic Guitar

Soon my gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
LOL so no one knows ? :|
Gear:
Spear SHL-1 Evil Monkey
Digitech RP350

Soon my gear:
Isn't that thing supposed to be his top hat?
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
Well ti certainly doesn't look like any head attire he is known all over the world for.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by wair138
Isn't that thing supposed to be his top hat?

Um... yeah.

'Cause it is.

How do you not see these things, TS
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.

how is that thing the top hat ?

:|
Gear:
Spear SHL-1 Evil Monkey
Digitech RP350

Soon my gear:
liii definitely a tophat
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
fail

just checked, it's the top hat.

Gear:
Spear SHL-1 Evil Monkey
Digitech RP350

Soon my gear:
it's like this

Iiii|; )

Use your illusions
Gear:
Spear SHL-1 Evil Monkey
Digitech RP350

Soon my gear:
Quote by Chocobo142

how is that thing the top hat ?

:|

The smiley feature ruins it.

but yeah liii|;)

It's definitely not a clue to how to achieve his tone.

Not really sure if I can answer your question, but as far as Slash's TONE goes, I have been under the impression the his tone is 100%.... HIS AMP! he uses alcino pro II pups because they have a weak pull on the strings and are less intrusive, when shaping your tone. In other words if you have a shit amp and guitar, then you will have a shit sound. period.

So, when looking to chase slash's tone, I woiuld suggest you getting a Marshall JCM 800 jubilee, and a Gibson Les Paul(1980's model, I believe) and lastly, a jim dunlop wah, from the same era( I don't think Slash had his modified in any way)

This is the cheapest way I know. Of course, if you have money falling out your @$$ then you can buy everything in his sig series, and while your at it, go ahead and dress like him, too! LMAO j/k

His tone is a delicate, and rather expensive, one. *sigh*
he uses a spider IV, thats why it says Iiii
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
If you want his sound you are thinking of a 1959 Les Paul with Alnico Pro II's. That's the majority of it. You'd be surprised how much of it is actually within his fingers as well. As for the amp I'd go with a JCM 800 2202 ; which is what he used live for all the club shows back in the day. For the record I don't think Jubilee's are JCM800's...
keep going :")
Gear:
Spear SHL-1 Evil Monkey
Digitech RP350

Soon my gear:
Last edited by Chocobo142 at Aug 28, 2010,
Quote by Chocobo142
it's like this

Iiii|; )

Use your illusions

That looks better, tell him he should use that instead.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
If you want his sound you are thinking of a 1959 Les Paul with Alnico Pro II's. That's the majority of it. You'd be surprised how much of it is actually within his fingers as well. As for the amp I'd go with a JCM 800 2202 ; which is what he used live for all the club shows back in the day. For the record I don't think Jubilee's are JCM800's...

I'm not sure either, I just know that he uses JCM 800's andf he uses "jubilee's" I assumed they were the same model.

Then again, I play a 1987x 50 watt and I can shape out his tone better than he can. j/k! haha
Quote by charles_ebarb
In other words if you have a shit amp and guitar, then you will have a shit sound. period.

ehh... only if you're shit.
it's all in the fingers. like evh said (and slash reiterated i believe), you can have eddie's gear, set-up etc. but you still won't sound like him when you go to play.
likewise, any of these people with a cheap guitar sound almost the same.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
The ideal "Slash Sound Gear" would be

Gibson Les Paul 59' RI with Alnico II's , set up for Eb tuning with Ernie Ball 11 Gauge.

Monster Cables ( yes I'm actually going as far as to suggest the cables )

The Slash Wah ; only because contrary to popular belief Slash never used a GCB-95 aka The Standard Dunlop Wah. He used a rack mounted wah that allowed him to shape his wah frequencies much like his wah pedal SW95.

Marshall 80's JCM800 2202 Head with 1960A cab.

If you really want to get into it he also uses Dunlop Tortex Branded picks. That's pretty much all it is. It's in fact a pretty common set-up '59 Paul with a Vintage Marshall.....very common actually. But really as someone said, it's all in his fingers.
Quote by untalented
ehh... only if you're shit.
it's all in the fingers. like evh said (and slash reiterated i believe), you can have eddie's gear, set-up etc. but you still won't sound like him when you go to play.
likewise, any of these people with a cheap guitar sound almost the same.

Agreed.

But look at it this way, those that seek to emulate someone else, obviously sound like shit, themselves.
Quote by charles_ebarb
Agreed.

But look at it this way, those that seek to emulate someone else, obviously sound like shit, themselves.

That's the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard in my life. Zakk Wylde wanted to emulate Randy Rhodes, EVH wanted to emulate Page, Slash wanted to emulate Beck/Joe Perry, Page wanted to emulate 50's rock guitarists. EVERY guitarist has a starting reference point for what they think is THE sound and they move on from there. If you are implying wanted to sound like an ideal means your shit then your ****ing stupid.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
That's the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard in my life. Zakk Wylde wanted to emulate Randy Rhodes, EVH wanted to emulate Page, Slash wanted to emulate Beck/Joe Perry, Page wanted to emulate 50's rock guitarists. EVERY guitarist has a starting reference point for what they think is THE sound and they move on from there. If you are implying wanted to sound like an ideal means your shit then your ****ing stupid.

really? you're going that route now? You just lost your arguement. loser
Quote by charles_ebarb

Glad that you have the maturity of a 10 year old. Dumbass.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2

Anyway, EVH was a bigger Holdsworth fan than he was a Page fan IIRC.

Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
Glad that you have the maturity of a 10 year old. Dumbass.

really? you're the one throwing a tantrum, on someone else's thread. That hardly implies my maturity being that of a 10 y.o.

If you want to argue, that's fine. I can argue wqith you, but when you begin flaming and namecalling, then you have no argument, whatsoever. you are just a loser. period.

Now, without further adue.... F*** OFF
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
Zakk Wylde wanted to emulate Randy Rhodes

His playing is a lot more influenced by Jake E. Lee (tremelo picked rhythms, pinch harmonics, alternate picking), Jimi Hendrix (Octave chords, trills), Albert Lee (Chicken Picking) and Van Halen (Occasional tapping and whammy bar effects).
I find there to be very, very little Randy Rhodes in his playing, only in his early songwriting, which wasn't really the best.
Quote by charles_ebarb

i disagree with you. everyone has a starting reference point. stop trying to sound "elitist"
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
I thought his earlier stuff (Pride and Glory) was more southern/blues rock? hmm.

but yea, he was a fan of Randy( who wasn't for that matter) but only in the fact that he used les paul's and marshall's. but randy used 100 watters while Zakk's earlier stuff focused on the tones of JCM800 50 watters. he used 2 heads per cabinet and 2 jensen's and 2 celestion's in each of his 4x12's
Last edited by charles_ebarb at Aug 28, 2010,
Quote by charles_ebarb
I thought his earlier stuff (Pride and Glory) was more southern/blues rock? hmm.

Pride and Glory was actually after his highest point, after 1991 with "No More Tears".
Yeah, that was a one off album that didn't do too well, I love it but meh.

He basically plays the same licks a with Ozzy just with a different backing.
Quote by ComradSputnik
Dan Brown should write a book about it

"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

From what I've heard, if you want the Appetite For Destruction-Use Your Illusion-type sound you'll need that S.I.R. Stock #39 JCM800 or 1959 Super Lead(not sure which) Modded by Tim Caswell that's lost somewhere in the world.

Quote by SG_dave
I don't see why anyone would want to emulate someone else's tone. Get your own sound.
Unless of course it's Paul Waggoners sweeping tone, that is godly.

+1
One Of The Last American Leftys.

Also A Peavey VK Owner!

Quote by Fiire
I've been mauled, tortured by the most fierce animals in the whole Animalia Kingdom.
Women.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Pride and Glory was actually after his highest point, after 1991 with "No More Tears".
Yeah, that was a one off album that didn't do too well, I love it but meh.

He basically plays the same licks a with Ozzy just with a different backing.

ahhh.

I like it, too. I thought it was interesting.
Last edited by charles_ebarb at Aug 28, 2010,
All these people commented without reading the opening post ?
Gear:
Spear SHL-1 Evil Monkey
Digitech RP350

Soon my gear:
Page 1 of 2