There is a pretty looking orange one for sale. It has a chip on the back edge (wouldn't effect the sound, just the looks). It's $150. I'm looking to play alot of A7X with some stonesour and halestorm thrown in there. Think it would give me what i'm looking for and is $150 a good price?
Always Rock!
What's your current amp?

EDIT: Oh yeah it's an Omen, not Oman just to clarify.

Don't judge it just on looks, either. The wood, construction, and pickups are the bigger part of the instrument.

Don't expect a new guitar to drastically alter your tone, 90% of your tone comes from your amp.
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Aug 28, 2010,
Currently..... Lets not go there. Im getting a new one very soon. Im liking to Peavey Vypyr 75 but if you have other suggestions.....
Always Rock!
Amp first, guitar second, always.

Unless your guitar is broken beyond repair, or you're switching from single coils to humbuckers, another low-end guitar won't help you. Take that cash and put it towards a new, better amp.
k so you answered my question, it is a crappy guitar. I wont bother then.

Thanks
Always Rock!
It isnt a crappy guitar. Hes just saying it wont alter your tone as much as a new amp would. if you are looking for a throw around guitar i would say do it but thats just me
Schecter omen is awesome guitar. I have Schecter Omen 6 and iam very satisfied, i also recorded Demo on Schecter. One and big Minus in Schecters that they constracting in CHINA. And we aa know what is "Made in China" guitar =)
Quote by Sex.Dwarf
Schecter omen is awesome guitar. I have Schecter Omen 6 and iam very satisfied, i also recorded Demo on Schecter. One and big Minus in Schecters that they constracting in CHINA. And we aa know what is "Made in China" guitar =)

their low ends are in china (omens, damiens) but as you get into the mid range, you're getting them from Korea.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
their low ends are in china (omens, damiens) but as you get into the mid range, you're getting them from Korea.

Yeah, i know that. but it is more expensive of course.
Quote by Sex.Dwarf
Yeah, i know that. but it is more expensive of course.

if you're buying used, it wouldn't be that bad.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Actually they make all the Diamond series at both plants. But the China build guitars are more rare due to them being higher quality builds than what comes from Korea. The China plant has an American management team and American QC. They are dedicated to make American grade build of guitars at a fraction of the price. So people that get the china builds are lucky I got one and can vouch for the quality of parts used and quality tone woods. I just hope my next Schecter is a China build because the quality is that good.

oh? something that i didnt know about Schecter. why thank you for this info. I actually have a china built Omen 6 myself and it's standing strongly and very well built and sounds great. I have mine in drop c with 13-65's on it though.
Quote by pedromiles101
I have one as a back up stage guitar. Sounds great, feels great and I;m not worried about it getting broken.

ISSUE: The high E string falls off the finger board and gets stuck on the frets of the loser neck. VERY ANNOYING. I've had this happen with Daisy Rock guitars (also made by Schecter) on several occasions.\

Soooo.... if you play fast and heavy and are not spot on with your accuracy, you will trip this string
I've got an Omen 6 and it's a great guitar for the money. Plays great with a nice smooth neck.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
I actually have a Damien Special FR it was Crafted in China everyone else I have found with one it was Crafted in Korea. The body is a one piece African mahogany back with a 1/2in thick maple cap full size Alpha pots and a Sprague orange drop cap and switchcraft Gibson style toggle switch. I gotta say I love it I also want to get an Omen 6 in white for a fixed bridge guitar they look sweet.

my omen is in the walnut satin finish. very smooth and very comfortable, except the finish does chip and scratch very easily to the bare basswood body.
Quote by pedromiles101
The omen 6 is a great ****ing guitar. All it really needs is a pick up change for it to be amazing but even that isn't a huge thing. I have played many other 300 dollar guitars and this is the best one I have ever found IMO. Maybe I'm biased cause I have one lolz idk
My Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncans
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
Fender Frontman 25R (Want to upgrade badly)
Digitech Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion
I have an Omen 6 that was one of my first guitars, I ended up putting some Dimarzios/coilsplit and scalloped some of the frets, but I love that guitar to death. I usually have it in weird tunings as open tunings really resonate on the guitar well, especially D. If I was looking for a 'cheap' guitar and that offer came up I would take it, but that is just my experience with the guitar.