my shitty $100 amp i got 6 years ago isnt working anymore so i've got to get a new one. I play ALOT of A7X, stonesour, all that kind of stuff. I'm looking for something that will give me that metal tone. My budget isn't really that big though. Not willing to go any higher than $399.99. Any ideas?
Always Rock!
How loud do you need this amp to be? Is it solely bedroom practicing? Are you gigging? Do you need to be heard over a drummer, another guitarist, etc.??
ill check it out, links would be much appreciated, any other suggestions?
Always Rock!
Yeah vypyr, I do play a lot of the bands you stated OP.
The mesa rectifier channel on the vypyr is PERFECT for avenged sevenfold material
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Quote by TheAbsentOne
How loud do you need this amp to be? Is it solely bedroom practicing? Are you gigging? Do you need to be heard over a drummer, another guitarist, etc.??

A bit of gigging, alot of jammin with friends.
Always Rock!
There are the Jet City amps I hear a lot about. You might need a boost for avenged sevenfold though.
Quote by adj209
Yeah vypyr, I do play a lot of the bands you stated OP.
The mesa rectifier channel on the vypyr is PERFECT for avenged sevenfold material

I was checking out the vypyr 75. Seemed to suit my needs and looks to be alot of fun to play with, these are good for metal and dont screw up or break often?
Always Rock!
Quote by s12k17
I was checking out the vypyr 75. Seemed to suit my needs and looks to be alot of fun to play with, these are good for metal and dont screw up or break often?

I play with mine daily, I haven't any trouble with it at all. only problem and this only happened once in the past year was that it froze, but this was quickly solved with a soft reset.

but otherwise it is amazing for metal, it has a signature dime amp channel! which does sound very vulgar-display-of-power-esque

Move along.

Quote by steve_muse
Used 6505 Combo would destroy the vypyr .. if you can go the extra on your budget .. if not the vypyr is decent
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
^Yup if you want to gig and perform by all means get a 6505 combo used. they are brilliant amps.

Not for me personally as from my experience i don't like the 6505 channel on the vypyr at all, but hey thats not as indicitive of the amp itself.

I imagine either amps should last you very long .

Move along.

Quote by steve_muse