Having just left my last band for musical differences (read as: they want to play RHCP like stuff, I don't), I now need to find a new band.

Now what I need to know is this: How do I go about finding a new band?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The same way you found them? (I'm assuming you play guitar)
Quote by Double Basser
there is no simple instrument, only simple minds
I was asked to audition, so I can't exactly just conjure up another band in my area looking for a guitarist.

And yes, I do play guitar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Advertise yourself at a local music shop or start a new band from scratch.
I Like Deathcore, Deal With It!
Do you live in the US? I know people who found bands or members for their own band through Craigslist.

Check those bords where people put up small ads at supermarkets. Some musicians (whether they're bored or stoned or not) check those ads out sometimes. Just stick a note on there saying what kind of music you want to play and what you're looking for, your age and contact info and wait. It might come up with something and it isn't much trouble to do.

Open a thread on guitar or other instrument related forums.
Quote by Siempie666
Do you live in the US? I know people who found bands or members for their own band through Craigslist.

Check those bords where people put up small ads at supermarkets. Some musicians (whether they're bored or stoned or not) check those ads out sometimes. Just stick a note on there saying what kind of music you want to play and what you're looking for, your age and contact info and wait. It might come up with something and it isn't much trouble to do.

Open a thread on guitar or other instrument related forums.

Thanks for the advice man! I'll be sure to do that.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by Grave Robber
Advertise yourself at a local music shop or start a new band from scratch.

Conversely, check local music shops for ads asking for a guitarist. You can find these kinds of ads in places like Guitar Center and Sam Ash all the time.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
Well the answer is obvious. You go to the band store, drummers are 75$, bassists 50$, guitarists .... 3.50$
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
There's a lot of threads on how to find bandmembers in this forum.

Basically it's;

- Craigslist (depending on country)
- Concerts
- Open mic nights
- Advertising in music shops
- Emailing local teachers about any students who'd be interested (getting more common in my area)
- School
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud