Page 1 of 2
Yep... my gf... fiance... and i had talked about it before and have finally decided to get married. Also, we'll be moving to Japan! Yep... just found out this week i'll be there to work on f-16's.

I know i haven't been online in a long while but i just wanted to share that...

EDIT: forgot what i wanted to ask: does anyone have any experience with the culture there? Wanted to know any do's/don't do's, traditions, food...
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Aug 28, 2010,
Game over, man.
Quote by phlip999
Armstrong to moon bass.
Sorry.

Quote by 0RI0N
I just glanced and thought his name was tampon.

El Paso?

I'm like 7 hours from there

EDIT: also, congratulations.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Congrats man.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
that's awesome dude
i went to japan a few years ago on holiday and it's abit of a culture shock i must say - it's ****ing awesome there though

i wanna pop the question to my gf too but i still think we're too young, we've bene together 5 years nearly but she''ll only be turning 21 2morro
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by Primus2112
El Paso?

I'm like 7 hours from there

EDIT: also, congratulations.

Oh yeah? Where? Right now i'm in Sheppard AFB (wichita falls), tx. It's gonna suck having so much snow in Misawa since all i've known is the desert in EP.

EDIT: I'm 21 and she's turning 20 in november... i know we're kinda young but i think we'll be alright.

all you need to know is "hewwo siwr wheerw is de bafwoom?"

but really have fun. japan looks like a sick place. and you should take off your shoes before entering someones house
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Cograts man!

I hope you like fish, you're going to starve there if you don't :P
For a real pervert, any exit can be an entrance.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
Quote by evening_crow
Oh yeah? Where? Right now i'm in Sheppard AFB (wichita falls), tx. It's gonna suck having so much snow in Misawa since all i've known is the desert in EP.

DFW area.

Holy shit you're at Sheppard! The government took land from my relatives to build that!
Congratulations!

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I live in Japan, it's cool. You'll be treated second class though, especially American Military but don't let it get to you and always be a gentleman.

Quote by Worhan
Cograts man!

I hope you like fish, you're going to starve there if you don't :P

not true.
Chicken breast is so cheap here, I eat it every night. Maybe it's like 70cents per 100g.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Last edited by GaijinFoot at Aug 28, 2010,
Congratulations man, probably every UGers dark secret fantasy is settling down
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Quote by Primus2112
DFW area.

Holy shit you're at Sheppard! The government took land from my relatives to build that!

Yeah, i'm here till the beginning of December for tech training. Dunno what the city's like though cuz i haven't bothered to go offbase yet.

EDIT: GaijinFoot, where in Japan do u live?

Quote by Antis0cial
Congratulations man, probably every UGers dark secret fantasy is settling down

Doesn't the pit need to get laid before that?
congratulations!
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Good stuff. What base are you going to be at? I've been to Yokota and it was fun. The culture is really cool there. Mind your manors, show respect and show you're willing to learn about a different culture, they do respect that. The food is awesome...you may find you eat things before knowing what it is and it's often better that way. Take advantage of public transportation and the feet you've been given. Learn something about navigating the cities, how to read signs and ask for directions. If you make the effort to meet the people on their level (remember YOU are the foreigner) they will make equal effort to help. In general the younger generations are more receptive...keep in mind the atom bombs were not that long ago and to the generations that remember, you do represent what they were up against. And go see stuff...don't hole up on base and do your time. There's so much to see and experience out there. Japan rocks, I loved the short time I spent there. The people are great, food is awesome, culture is packed with tradition and history...it's a good time. You'll be fine as long as you understand your place as the foreigner...you are their guest.

Oh and watch out for Yakuza, trust me dealing with them is not a laughing matter although I do laugh from time to time about that situation
F-16's are my favorite fighter jet. How long have you guys been together?
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
Quote by evening_crow

Yeah, i'm here till the beginning of December for tech training. Dunno what the city's like though cuz i haven't bothered to go offbase yet.

EDIT: GaijinFoot, where in Japan do u live?

West Tokyo.
Do you know where you'll be going?
I don't want to sound like some expert on Japan or anything but a friendly nod and a smile goes a long way. Unfortunately your army has some bad history here. Be positive.
Quote by evening_crow

It's pretty cool, there's this restaurant called Cheddar's...shit is so cash.
Quote by celticstorm84

Oh and watch out for Yakuza, trust me dealing with them is not a laughing matter although I do laugh from time to time about that situation

Do tell
Thanks celticstorm84, i'll be in Misawa AB. From what i've read it seems like there's a good relationship between us and them there. We probably will be stuck in the base at first just while we get used to things and settle down but i can't wait to visit the surrounding areas.

Also, we've been together for about a year and a half and known each other for almost two.

Aww congratulations! I squealed a little when I saw this then searched frantically for you on my msn list. But congratulations again!
That's awesome, congratulations to you and your fiance. The relationship really isn't bad. The American military in general is known to cause problems for the local population but even the people understand it's not our military as a whole. Do expect them to be weary of you and to treat you different. Like a previous poster mentioned, stay positive because again as mentioned before, a little smile goes a long way. It seemed to me that earning some respect didn't take much more than a little situational awareness.
Quote by evening_crow
Thanks celticstorm84, i'll be in Misawa AB. From what i've read it seems like there's a good relationship between us and them there. We probably will be stuck in the base at first just while we get used to things and settle down but i can't wait to visit the surrounding areas.

Also, we've been together for about a year and a half and known each other for almost two.

oooo looks cold! haha but should be a good experience. You can get more unusual food in the North.
Hope you have fun.
Quote by GaijinFoot
oooo looks cold! haha but should be a good experience. You can get more unusual food in the North.
Hope you have fun.

Yeah! i've never seen so much snow in my life!

Quote by celticstorm84

Go on
Quote by celticstorm84

I'm interested, please continue.....
Congrats! I have no advice with Japan though.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Congratulations!
My dad's been to Japan, but only for a few days. I have no advice
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Congrats!

I don't know anything about Japan besides their anime and food
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Congrats!

If you are in someone else's house don't forget to take off the bathroom slippers after you use their toilet, and put them facing back the way where the next person can step into them otherwise it's a serious faux pas.

That was some advice about Japanese culture by the way, not my random musings
wait japan?!?!

i plan on moving. im definately keeping in touch with you TS.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
The only thing I know about Japanese culture is from mangas. It's a dumb suggestion, but maybe you should read some. >.>
2010's Sexiest Female Uger

Japanese culture....dirty panties in vending machines and flashy lights??

Too bad they stopped following the samurai way
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by Guitarist132
Japanese culture....dirty panties in vending machines and flashy lights??

Too bad they stopped following the samurai way

They do have beer in vending machines, though.

A culture with something that majestic could be as bad as a cross between Nazi Germany and the Westboro Baptist Church, and the beer vending machines would cancel it out.
Page 1 of 2