Which one would it be??
Yeah. Why a Dimarzio? If you want something that sounds like a JB, buy a JB.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Jackooh
Any particular reason you want a dimarzio or are you just a fanboy?

Can we not insult the ts right out of the gate?

on topic:
Why do you want a Dimarzio if you want the sound of a JB? If you want the JB sound the logical thing would be to get the JB.
It would be easier to suggest you pickups if we knew what tones you are trying to achieve, what gear you have etc.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
No it's going in an ibanez prestige 2570e VDG and it has the pickups on the guitar say Dimarzio/Ibz on then.....so a seymour duncan pick just wouldn't work for me.....
so you are saying that you just want the pickups to match aesthetically?
Super Distortion IMO. But IMO SD (passives) are only ok, Dimarzio is the best passive pup company IMO. Now SD Blackouts are AMAZING! but not a fan of their passive. But here's how to figure it out. On SD's site there is the "tone wizard" use it to find out what options made the JB come out in the option bar (btw i think its mahogany and rosewood). The take those options, put them in Dimarzio's pup finder and you should be able o figure it out. But off the top of my head I wana say the Super Distortion...
Quote by mmjohn
No it's going in an ibanez prestige 2570e VDG and it has the pickups on the guitar say Dimarzio/Ibz on then.....so a seymour duncan pick just wouldn't work for me.....

In something like that where your gonna replace one pup in a HSH that are IBZ/Dimarzio design pups, replace them all... just one will throw the sound off.
Quote by justinb904
Can we not insult the ts right out of the gate?

on topic:
Why do you want a Dimarzio if you want the sound of a JB? If you want the JB sound the logical thing would be to get the JB.
It would be easier to suggest you pickups if we knew what tones you are trying to achieve, what gear you have etc.

No shit guy's.......if you don't know the answer.....don't post the fanboy crap...
Quote by Jaredmkl

In something like that where your gonna replace one pup in a HSH that are IBZ/Dimarzio design pups, replace them all... just one will throw the sound off.

The other pickups are fantastic.....the bridge is just not very hot.
Quote by Jaredmkl

Quote by mmjohn
No shit guy's.......if you don't know the answer.....don't post the fanboy crap...

You two need to think about what you're saying.

One magnet with a load of wire wrapped round it is not going to throw a shit fit and spontaneously combust if you put another magnet with a load of wire wrapped around it that happens to have a different name stamped on the plastic next to it.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Get an EMG AB. That will make them hotter with out replacing the pickups. Same tone, moar heat.
Quote by timi_hendrix
You two need to think about what you're saying.

One magnet with a load of wire wrapped round it is not going to throw a shit fit and spontaneously combust if you put another magnet with a load of wire wrapped around it that happens to have a different name stamped on the plastic next to it.

In my experience just replacing one pup in an hsh guitar kinda sounded a little odd... but thats my experience.
Quote by iampeter
you can put in any passive pickup into your guitar doesn't need to be from a specific brand.

Lol....ya think.......I asked a question.....
Quote by Jaredmkl
In my experience just replacing one pup in an hsh guitar kinda sounded a little odd... but thats my experience.

Are you serious.....people change 1 pickup all the time.....your a little under informed..
Quote by Jaredmkl

Depends how well you match outputs and such, like putting a 20K megasuperhumbuckerofdeath in something that came with PAF clones would sound a bit mismatched, but if you stick within the general area of what the other pickups are aimed at but buy something that does it better you should be fine. Obviously it'll sound better than the other pickups if all of them are sub-par, but all three pickups will sound different to some degree anyway so it shouldn't be too noticeable.

My Music
If you really want Dimarzio than look into the Super Distortion, Super 3 and Crunch Lab. You can listen to clips on the Dimarzio site to give you a better idea.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Quote by justinb904
If you really want Dimarzio than look into the Super Distortion, Super 3 and Crunch Lab. You can listen to clips on the Dimarzio site to give you a better idea.

I ll check those out......f ck guy....I asked a simple question and get this dumb sh t answers. I know what I want and why I want it....just answer the question asked Plez.....look in my profile I'm not a freaking rookie....
People do it ya, I didnt like the tone after I did it doesnt mean Im under informed. Now I looked on dimarzio's site and the SD site... The Super Distortion should work for the sound you are looking for.
Quote by mmjohn
I ll check those out......f ck guy....I asked a simple question and get this dumb sh t answers. I know what I want and why I want it....just answer the question asked Plez.....look in my profile I'm not a freaking rookie....

If you don't want dumb shit answers, don't ask dumb shit questions. Quite apart from the fact that you're yet to provide a decent reason why you will only buy a DiMarzio, you asked for their version of a pickup that's average at best.

My Music
Quote by mmjohn
look in my profile I'm not a freaking rookie....

Orly?

Get a SD JB and be done with it.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by timi_hendrix
If you don't want dumb shit answers, don't ask dumb shit questions. Quite apart from the fact that you're yet to provide a decent reason why you will only buy a DiMarzio, you asked for their version of a pickup that's average at best.

I agree, JB is only ok.
Quote by timi_hendrix

Holy crap why should it matter to U what or why I wanna buy it....I simply asked for a comparable dimaraio to a duncan JB.....that's it nothing else. I'm on a phone so right now the tone wizard is a little iffy....
Quote by mmjohn
The other pickups are fantastic.....the bridge is just not very hot.

Cool guitar!

Have you tried raising the bridge pup it closer to the strings? You might E-Mail DiMarzio and ask them what pickup they rec' that will be hotter than the stock bridge pickup but still balance well with the other two stock ones. They are pretty good customer service wise.
Quote by Jaredmkl
I agree, JB is only ok.

Exactly......and I'm standing in a local music store with all dimarzio pickups 40% off.......I'm try to get a simple question answered......
Quote by Earthrug
Cool guitar!

Have you tried raising the bridge pup it closer to the strings? You might E-Mail DiMarzio and ask them what pickup they rec' that will be hotter than the stock bridge pickup but still balance well with the other two stock ones. They are pretty good customer service wise.

Its a Team J Craft guitar.....it not a metal guitar....real straty. It need something along the lines of a jb..
I would say a Super 2. A little hotter than a JB and with a Ceramic magnet instead of Alnico 5.

And DiMarzio are great pickups. Love 'em. Also, this thread is so full of lulz and phail ;D eez phunneh.
What I play with:

A guitar
An amplifier
MY HANDS
I would just throw in a Crunch Lab or a Tone Zone.
What I play with:

A guitar
An amplifier
MY HANDS
Quote by mmjohn
Exactly......and I'm standing in a local music store with all dimarzio pickups 40% off.......I'm try to get a simple question answered......

Before this info, your unrelenting preference for Dimarzio seemed nonsensical. Now it makes sense.
Quote by justinb904
Before this info, your unrelenting preference for Dimarzio seemed nonsensical. Now it makes sense.

This would have been a much quicker thread if people just answered the question....
Besides that, Duncan uses square feet, and the guitar is fairly obviously not gonna have them fit because of the Dimarzio's smaller triangle feet.

Anyway, closest one? Um... I dunno. Maybe a Tone Zone?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by mmjohn
This would have been a much quicker thread if people just answered the question....

Being as clear as possible prevents some people from making assumptions and just getting to the point.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5