JCM800 combo amp or peavey 6505+ combo? opinions on them and what do you think would be better?i play megadeth,death,metallica, and a llot of other 80's metal.

PS. i will be gigging soon.
Ooh. Hard choice...

I think personally I'd go for the JCM800 if there would be that more mid-heavy 80s heavy metal being played. If you're aiming to be more djenty, I guess 6505+.

They're both pretty good.
Peavey 6505 out of the two.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
They're very different sounding. A JCM800 doesn't have enough gain for anything more than Slayer when boosted, but the 6505+ has more gain than I know what to do with unboosted.

Add to the fact that the 6505+ is strongly American voiced and the JCM800 is rather obviously British voiced.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Well... I think jcm will do better 80's metal including Megadeth and Slayer and 'tallica..
6505 is more for death metal and brootal tones.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

try them both out in person and see which you like more. but id say boosted JCM, but im getting a 6505+ head soon tho
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by oneblackened
A JCM800 doesn't have enough gain for anything more than Slayer when boosted

What?!

An 800 easily has as much gain as a 6505+ when boosted...

Since basically all 80s bands used 800s at one point, I'd go with that and a boost.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Both amps I really like the sound of...
800 with a boost
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by oneblackened
They're very different sounding. A JCM800 doesn't have enough gain for anything more than Slayer when boosted, but the 6505+ has more gain than I know what to do with unboosted.

Add to the fact that the 6505+ is strongly American voiced and the JCM800 is rather obviously British voiced.

jcm 800s where used by pretty much all the bands he listed. mind you they were probably all modded for higher gain, but still the 800 is easily the way to go. get a decent overdrive and youre set. or look into external pre amp pedals.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
i dont know if this will be a variable but i also have EMG actives.

this will help push the amp a bit more. get the 800. you wont regret it.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Bumping and double posting are both spam. Wait for someone to answer your thread.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...