I'm about to buy a Marshall TSL60 head and i just got a 2x12 cab yesterday, there's one problem, the cab is set to run in parallel at 4 ohms whilst the TSL can only switch between 8 and 16 ohms. Does this mean I can't run these together safely?

Here's some pics of the 2x12:

Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Rewire it into a series configuration and you will have a 16 ohm cab. This is pretty easy to do, do a google search.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Rewire it into a series configuration and you will have a 16 ohm cab. This is pretty easy to do, do a google search.

Ok cool, now would I want to take off one of the extra speaker wires and use that to bridge the two speakers together for series? Or would I just ignore the other pair and need to buy/cut more speaker wire?

ignore the other pair and get more.

i am not sure why there are there, maybe for stereo, but try and just keep it mono to keep things simple.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
ignore the other pair and get more.

i am not sure why there are there, maybe for stereo, but try and just keep it mono to keep things simple.

Ok cool man, I'll only use it for Mono anyways.

Where would be the best place to get that small amount of speaker wire? The tabs on the 2 speakers I'm installing are both "clip on tabs", so I don't have to solder. Where would I be able to but the ends for the wire from? Or could I take off the ends of the extra wire in the cab?

When wiring in series make sure you get the polarity right, a simple google will show you how. The tabs should be standard spade connectors like you could buy at any electronics or automotive shop. They are the same as the ones you use in cars everywhere.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Ok cool, so would I be able to walk into Home Depot or Lowes and get the speaker wire and the 2 spade connectors? Especially considering all I need is like 2 feet of speaker wire, not looking to have to buy 50 ft. to get 2 ft.

you can buy wire by the foot at any hardware store (or Radio Shack). I'm sure that a Home Depot or Lowes has spade connectors, but if not then you can always just braid them around the jack.
Quote by hivemonkey
you can buy wire by the foot at any hardware store (or Radio Shack). I'm sure that a Home Depot or Lowes has spade connectors, but if not then you can always just braid them around the jack.

Ok awesome, I'll see about getting all that stuff tomorrow, and there's convienietly a Radio Shack and Lowes next to each other over here. Do I just need to get 16 gauge wire?

i think 16 or 18 works
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Any gauge larger than 18 will work well (smaller number = thicker gauge). You could even use a smaller gauge, but there's a small chance that you might exceed the power handling capacity and melt something.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.