I'd recommend the melodyne plug-in, I prefer the results you can get to auto-tune. It sounds much more natural to me, whereas auto-tune can sometimes sound a bit obvious.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
I never said I wanted Auto-Tune. I just want a pitch correct plug in that sounds natural. ^I've used the Melodyne Demo and I like it so far. That's at the top of my list right now.

EDIT: There are a lot of different versions of Melodyne... I don't need anything very fancy, which package would be best?
Last edited by whatadrag at Aug 28, 2010,
auto tune is meant to sound completely natural. the "t pain effect" was an accident the first time it was used and has sense been horribly abused by countless wannabes. when used as pitch correction, it sounds completely natural. the vast majority of albums that come out these days have auto tune on it. you'd never guess it just by listening because it sounds so right.

Auto Tune and Melodyne are the top pitch correction programs out there. they both have their advantages and their disadvantages. i've only used Melodyne personally, and i see no reason to switch to Auto Tune. i'd recommend it to anyone that isn't looking for real time pitch correction.
I use melodyne and it works incredibly, I love it. Sounds natural and is way easy to use.
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
I don't think you can get Melodyne for $300, can you?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
As far as I can tell the cheapest version is Melodyne Editor (which I believe works as a plug-in for your existing DAW) which costs $350.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?