Hi guys
I have an epiphone les paul standard. I want to change everything possible on it to make it better (only the stuff that will affect tone). My list of thing to change so far are:

Tailpiece: Gibson Lightweight Aluminum Tailpiece
Tuners: Grover Vintage Deluxe tuners
Bridge: Gibson Nashville Tune-o-matic Bridge
Pickups: Seymour Duncan Alnico II pro slash

Now my questions are
is are these all the things i can change that will affect tone or quality?
If not what else is there?
Are these the best things i can get to upgrade my guitar?
Will all of these be able to install on my guitar?

Im also looking for a slash type tone.

Thank for your help.
Why dont you but a Gibson Studio LP?

And I think the tailpiece wont affect much your overall tone and sound...
For tuners i would recommend some grover LOCKING tuners. stability and easier stringing. or spertzel locking.

You could also spend some money on lessons. A lot of your tone is in how you play.. Steve vai would still sound steve vai on a squire and a peavy bandit, although i doubt someone who's hair blows in the wind like that would ever 'bring' themselves to the level of playing a squire. (not dissing your skills btw i'm just saying you have a good guitar already and maybe lessons will do you more good then a new bridge and tail piece and tuners.)

Also changing out all the electronics for higher quality electronics will change the tone a bit.(pots caps etc)
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Last edited by dez_cole at Aug 28, 2010,
Changing the bridge and tailpiece will likely do nothing for your guitar. Start with the pickups then see how that sounds. Tuners are a good idea though, get yourself some grover or sperzel locking ones.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
I second the grover tuners. That's what I have on my non-floyd guitars. The only things that I would focus on right now would be tuners and pickups.

Also, I would try and steer away from signature pickups. They are good, but way to expensive, and you can get the job done with less expensive ones. What kind of amp are you using? The amp will most likely have more of an effect for slashes tone.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Quote by dez_cole
For tuners i would recommend some grover LOCKING tuners. stability and easier stringing. or spertzel locking.

You could also spend some money on lessons. A lot of your tone is in how you play.. Steve vai would still sound steve vai on a squire and a peavy bandit, although i doubt someone who's hair blows in the wind like that would ever 'bring' themselves to the level of playing a squire. (not dissing your skills btw i'm just saying you have a good guitar already and maybe lessons will do you more good then a new bridge and tail piece and tuners.)

Also changing out all the electronics for higher quality electronics will change the tone a bit.(pots caps etc)

Which one of them is the best this is the site for the different ones :http://www.grotro.com/Mainlockingroto.html
I Have a egnater tweaker and the price of the normal alnico pro II and the slash ones are the same, except for i would have to pay for shipping and handling cause local store doesnt have them. so in all it would be like a $20 difference.