Hey, i'm planning on getting an Ibanez S770 for an unbelievably good price off a friend and i have played it and loved it, but im kinda holding back getting it cause it's similar to my own RGR321. I know that the pups can be switched out later, so thats not the issue, but the neck is my main concern.

Both are Wizard II necks, same dimensions etc. and i love playing on it, but saying that this could be my second proper guitar, would i be better saving a bit more to get a guitar thats completely different in every way? Is it worth having two guitars with similar spec?

Thanks in advance
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
My two cents............

Having two guitars with similar spec's is good if you are in a band and want a backup guitar similar to your #1. From a recording perspective....variety is a nice thing to have for dif' tonal textures, vibe, etc.
Quote by DegaDeth
Both are Wizard II necks, same dimensions etc. and i love playing on it, but saying that this could be my second proper guitar, would i be better saving a bit more to get a guitar thats completely different in every way? Is it worth having two guitars with similar spec?

Well that depends, if you like the neck on your current guitar then why would you want to go for anything different? If I could all my guitars would have the same neck profile as either my S470 or my RG1527 because I love them.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Earthrug
My two cents............

Having two guitars with similar spec's is good if you are in a band and want a backup guitar similar to your #1. From a recording perspective....variety is a nice thing to have for dif' tonal textures, vibe, etc.

Im not in a band or anything, im a bedroom player, although i jam with my friends from time to time, so its not a backup

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Well that depends, if you like the neck on your current guitar then why would you want to go for anything different? If I could all my guitars would have the same neck profile as either my S470 or my RG1527 because I love them.

I see where you're coming from, but its the fact that the RGR321 is my first proper guitar (did have a Squire strat but lets not talk about that ) so should i be better widening my horizons a bit more, finding something different?
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by DegaDeth
I see where you're coming from, but its the fact that the RGR321 is my first proper guitar (did have a Squire strat but lets not talk about that ) so should i be better widening my horizons a bit more, finding something different?

Well if that's a concern then you should go out and try as many guitars as you possibly can that fall within your budget, there really is no substitute for it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.