Basically, I ran across I nice sum of money, most of which I'm saving. But after saving for my dream amp for 2+ Years straight, I've decided to splurge a little and buy my new amp! Now, I need some ideas. I'll list the facts of what I'll be using it for, and what i need it to have. My price range is $2,000 U.S. dollars, max. Prefferably around 1500

- I play metal, and would love the amp to have more gain then I'd ever use.

- I have a Peavey Valveking and matching cab, so i should upgrade my cab.

- The sound I'm looking for is along the lines of For Today, Parkway Drive, but I also right my own guitar instrumental music, so I'd like a nice clean tone as well.

- Another option could be a preamp such as the Engl E530, and run it through my VK's power section.

Any help would be great! Thanks guys!!
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
Dual Rectifier. Or Mark V.

You have $2000! Get a Mesa.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
whereabouts in pensylvannia do you live and are you willing to buy used gear? you can save a ton of cash by buying used and local.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
whereabouts in pensylvannia do you live and are you willing to buy used gear? you can save a ton of cash by buying used and local.

I live near harrisburg
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
By the way, watts arnt super important. It needs to be loud enough for pretty big gigs, but itd be nice to be able to use it at our practice studio.
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
Quote by Burgery
Dual Rectifier. Or Mark V.

You have $2000! Get a Mesa.

Having owned almost every single amp Mesa has ever made... I'd go with something else

Is your price range including selling your VK and cab, or without it? I'd go for an Engl Savage, Framus Cobra or VHT Sig:X.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Having owned almost every single amp Mesa has ever made... I'd go with something else

Traitor!
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Is your price range including selling your VK and cab, or without it? I'd go for an Engl Savage, Framus Cobra or VHT Sig:X.

Thats without selling my VK. But it's still really the max I want to spend. I'm think about the Engl Fireball. Anygood?
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
Quote by Burgery
Traitor!

Well, there is one Mesa amp I would recommend... 2 Channel Rectos ****ing own. Besides that, other amps out there I'd rather have.

Quote by TheFireWithinPA
Thats without selling my VK. But it's still really the max I want to spend. I'm think about the Engl Fireball. Anygood?

Haven't tried one, but I've heard they're just brutal distortion and cleans. I've also heard the 100w version is a huge improvement over the 60.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com