I bought a set of these today in medium gauge and I put them on. The G string sounded dead and muffled and I was getting a ringing noise from the string. So I called the shop and they said bring it in. I brought it in he took the string off and replaced it for free and gave me anothor set, he looked at my nut and saddle. He said they were fine. So I took it home and the samething happend again. I cannot buy another set (Of a diffrent brand) I'm out of money till the first of September. So I'm stuck with these.

Just asking but has anybody else had this problem? Or do you think something else is going on?
heard they where crap

borrow money if u have to but dont miss this deal!!!!

guitar center is offering 5 sets of D'Addario strings for $20

i picked up 10 when i got my hummingbird D'Addario cannot be beat imo
Nearest guitar center is like 100 miles away.

But I checked my nut and saddle over for dirt and what not, it is clean. The tuners feel secure. The only thing I firgure is that it is the strings.
Quote by Silent_Crow13
Nearest guitar center is like 100 miles away.

But I checked my nut and saddle over for dirt and what not, it is clean. The tuners feel secure. The only thing I firgure is that it is the strings.

red strings are crap D'Addario and Ernie Ball are good
I tried a set of Red Brand strings and had the very same thing happen. They sounded dead and lifeless right from the get go. Even if I'm not fond of a set of strings, I still tend to leave them on for at least a week or so. Though, I usually play plugged in so it doesn't matter much from the listeners point of view.

But I agree that they are crap strings, not worth what they cost.

I was recently converted to DR Sunbeams. They're very warm and mellow, but they don't sound dead.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
i haven't tried 'em, but i've bought a few brands of strings i hated for the first few days that sounded better later on. maybe if you're lucky, that will be the case with these.