Hey,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but...

I've recently realised that when playing, I change how I hold the pick quite a few times. For example, I have one grip for alt. picking, one for playing chord riffs and one for playing riff including notes and then palm muted notes on the 6th string.

Basically, I think I need to fix this in order to improve as a guitar player.

So, is there a 'correct' way to hold the pick? And is there a grip that will allow me to play different types of playing without changing grip? Anyone else have this sort of problem.

Thanks.
Dude, I don't think that's a problem at all. I have a few different styles for different types of playing. It all comes down to what you're the most comfortable with.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
Quote by cgolden
Dude, I don't think that's a problem at all. I have a few different styles for different types of playing. It all comes down to what you're the most comfortable with.

+1

You should be able to move that pick around in your hand, and as long as you're playing cleanly, and it feels comfortable to how you're playing and what you're playing, you'll be fine.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
for playing fast, the pick rightat the tip. for a mix of rhythm and licks, around the middle, about 2mm, so i can do P.H.'s. for rhythm, i use the rounded edge of the pick.

nothing wrong with your technique.
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY ♂♂♂