Hey guys,
I'm currently looking for a product to record some jams from my Vypyr.
I was looking into the POD range as above, but i'm very indecisive about which one i want. Anyone mind giving me their experience or opinion on these? I'm looking to record guitars for now and bass in the future.

Will i also be able to record using my laptop with this or will i need a soundcard of some sort?
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
The TonePort *is* the "soundcard."

The GX is just plug and play, there's no mic inputs, so you'll have to run some kind of cable from the Vypyr to the input on the GX to get it work (which I'm not sure is even possible with the 30). The UX1 has 1 mic input and 1 instrument input and no phantom power (you can't run condenser mics). The UX2 has 2 inputs and 2 instruments and can run phantom power.

It's really up to you and what you're going to use it for, I'd at least go with the UX1 though if you want the sounds from your amp (you'd also need a mic). As far as software goes, they all run the same thing.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The TonePort *is* the "soundcard."

The GX is just plug and play, there's no mic inputs, so you'll have to run some kind of cable from the Vypyr to the input on the GX to get it work (which I'm not sure is even possible with the 30). The UX1 has 1 mic input and 1 instrument input and no phantom power (you can't run condenser mics). The UX2 has 2 inputs and 2 instruments and can run phantom power.

It's really up to you and what you're going to use it for, I'd at least go with the UX1 though if you want the sounds from your amp (you'd also need a mic). As far as software goes, they all run the same thing.

Right i'm a tad confused;do you usually plug the guitar straight into the UX1 then into the PC or can you run it from the instrument to the amp to the UX1 and then PC?

Move along.

Quote by steve_muse
Quote by adj209
Right i'm a tad confused;do you usually plug the guitar straight into the UX1 then into the PC or can you run it from the instrument to the amp to the UX1 and then PC?

Umm... You can do both. The first just requires one cable from guitar to the UX1, the second requires a microphone or (if your amp has it) and cable from the line out to the UX1.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^ Right OK cheers, just wanted to know if there was a way i could stack the amp/effect emulations of Podfarm with that of my vypyr. seems like its not possible besides micing it up..

Move along.

Quote by steve_muse
^I don't think you can do that.

Pretty much everything MC said is what I was going to say. Pod Farm is pretty slick but I need to get the metulz pak. I got a UX1 and I use both for playing into PC using headphones AND as a mic interface. In hind sight I should have got the UX2 for the added mic capability but it is a fine product that I recommend.