So lately I've noticed my computer has almost tripled it's downloading speed.

I used to download things at roughly 270kbs, now I can hit up to 700kbs
(Usually it's only about 550)

I don't know what I did to have it do this, I first noticed it with uTorrent, and right now I'm downloading a game, and it's been at about 570-700 the whole time, this is a game I've downloaded many times, and it usually takes about two to three hours, and now it's taking about 45 minutes.

I'm very confused as to what I did to make my computer do this o.O

TL;DR
My computer has went from downloading things at 270kbs to highs up to 700kbs
And I don't know what I did to make it do that?
Quote by Våd Hamster
More seeds = more speed

I know that, but it's even with stuff with low seeds I can get about 300kbs with really low seeds and around 500-700 with a high amount of seeds

And about 3 months ago a high amount of seeds would get me roughly 270kbs
Quote by boreamor
Time of the day? At peak times everyone normally gets tunneled.

I download at any time of the day I don't pay attention

But right now it's 7:00 here and this game I'm downloading

It's maplestory so I'm obviously not downloading from uTorrent, but I'm getting up to 700kbs
Quote by boreamor
Time of the day? At peak times everyone normally gets tunneled.

probably this
Quote by element4433
What if the way their wieners were positioned they could only pee into each other's mouths?

And one had his finger joined to the other's butthole?

PLAY
UG
MINECRAFT

Or don't. Yeah don't.
No one seems to have mentioned that download speed has very little to do with the computer.

Maybe you or someone opened a port/disabled the firewall on the router, or maybe your ISP upgraded your package from an old one to a new one. Or maybe you always had that package but they installed a new faster line in your area.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
No one seems to have mentioned that download speed has very little to do with the computer.

Maybe you or someone opened a port/disabled the firewall on the router, or maybe your ISP upgraded your package from an old one to a new one. Or maybe you always had that package but they installed a new faster line in your area.

Thought it was obvious

And yeah, package upgrade would have been my 3rd guess. lol.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5

Oh...well, okay, sorry for being a noob, I'm not into all this computer stuff so much.

But if they upgraded it, then whatever, awesome sauce, makes things easier for me
Quote by THEandrew
I download at any time of the day I don't pay attention

But right now it's 7:00 here and this game I'm downloading

It's maplestory so I'm obviously not downloading from uTorrent, but I'm getting up to 700kbs

If it's an official download hosted by a legitimate site, the download speeds are probably gonna be a lot higher.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Compute itself has nothing to do with d/l speeds.

Maybe your ISP has done something different?
RIP Tom Searle.
Last edited by MH400 at Aug 28, 2010,
Quote by entity0009
If it's an official download hosted by a legitimate site, the download speeds are probably gonna be a lot higher.

Like I stated in the first post

It used to take close to 2 hours to download it, now I'm downloading it in under an hour
Quote by THEandrew
Like I stated in the first post

It used to take close to 2 hours to download it, now I'm downloading it in under an hour

Ah yeah, missed that.

I dunno, probably a comination of the factors already mentioned. Maybe the game site got a faster download mirror.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by metal4eva_22
He musta deleted system 32

Just a word of advice, if you don't know..

Listen to this guy
Quote by THEandrew
I know that, but it's even with stuff with low seeds I can get about 300kbs with really low seeds and around 500-700 with a high amount of seeds

And about 3 months ago a high amount of seeds would get me roughly 270kbs

Same seeds, fewer peers. It's not rocket science.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
THEandrew

metal4eva_22

i smell banhammerz for both of them.

And shit it smells SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD!!!
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.