Hello,

I've been playing Acoustic Guitar for about six months. I used two resources to learn: "Hal Leonard Guitar Method - Books 1,2 & 3" and Keith Wyatt "Fender Presents: Getting Started On Acoustic Guitar". I'm almost finished with the Hal Leonard book and working on the solos at the end of the Keith Wyatt DVD.

(six months may seem a little fast for these two, but I did play when I was 16 so I had some experience)

Where do I go from here? I really enjoy the solos on the Keith Wyatt DVD and liked "Bluegrass Run" in the Hal Leonard book. I'd like to have more of the same of both. Any suggestions on dvd's or books I could move on to?

Thanks in advance....
Tom
Hey, Tom. I teach guitar and I've never been a fan of the DVDs. It's not that I see them as competition or taking money away from me, it's that there's no feedback from the instructor and you can never tell if you're going too far, or staying in the same place too long.

But, that's not the question you asked... I'd start working on expanding your chord library and working on strumming. You could also start working on your scales, which will help with playing lead. There are plenty of books out there to help with that.
Quote by KG6_Steven
Hey, Tom. I teach guitar and I've never been a fan of the DVDs. It's not that I see them as competition or taking money away from me, it's that there's no feedback from the instructor and you can never tell if you're going too far, or staying in the same place too long.

But, that's not the question you asked... I'd start working on expanding your chord library and working on strumming. You could also start working on your scales, which will help with playing lead. There are plenty of books out there to help with that.

Thanks KG6. My chord changing kinda bites, so I need to work on that. Forgot to mention this but I enjoy working on scales. I do about 4 or 5 various scales in a warm up.