So I was looking at some OEM guitars on a website called TradeTang. They have a Jackson Demmelition King V and a Matt Tuck Rhoads.
Are these guitars simply copies of the original Jacksons? In the photos, the quality of the bindings and fretwork seems excellent. They are also going extremely cheap. $350 a guitar, which works out at around £200 for me in the UK.

Could you please tell me what you know about OEM guitars?
Quote by CJRocker
Chinese fakes

This ^

Don't be fooled by the great looking pics either, because the pics are of the real instruments, not the Chinese fake you will be receiving.
Hmm it says 'we give you what is in the photos', and whats in the photos seems quite good.
Rule of Thumb: If it's too good to be true, it is.

Seriously, can we please get a sticky'd thread "Is a $2,000 guitar $200 or similar? That's because it's an illegal Chinese fake", it'd really trim down the numbers of these
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Trve_Satan
Hmm it says 'we give you what is in the photos', and whats in the photos seems quite good.

Its your money. You've been warned
OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer. Its not a brand or anything, it just means the original manufacturer.
And those things are all fakes, they use pictures of the real thing, but what you get is nothing like the pictures.
Quote by necrosis1193

Seriously, can we please get a sticky'd thread "Is a $2,000 guitar $200 or similar? That's because it's an illegal Chinese fake", it'd really trim down the numbers of these

Guess I won't be ordering one then.
Quote by littlephil
OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer. Its not a brand or anything, it just means the original manufacturer.
And those things are all fakes, they use pictures of the real thing, but what you get is nothing like the pictures.

How do they play and sound?
Quote by necrosis1193

im not trying to toot my own horn, but i feel my thread i made eons ago is pretty good for this

click me, oooh, just like that. mmmhhmmm
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by Trve_Satan
So I was looking at some OEM guitars on a website called TradeTang. They have a Jackson Demmelition King V and a Matt Tuck Rhoads.
Are these guitars simply copies of the original Jacksons? In the photos, the quality of the bindings and fretwork seems excellent. They are also going extremely cheap. $350 a guitar, which works out at around £200 for me in the UK.

Could you please tell me what you know about OEM guitars?

Firstly these aren't OEM, OEM stands for "Original Equipment Manufacturer" which isn't a term that applies to guitars at all; most of the time I hear it with regards to computer components where it is a lower priced component that doesn't come in retail packaging and also has no manual with it.

Secondly it wouldn't be £200, it would work out to about £200 plus import duties, VAT, postage and packaging. Most of the time by the time you've paid all that stuff it's either about the same price or cheaper to just buy in this country.

Thirdly... that website stinks of bullshit, I'd steer well clear.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Firstly these aren't OEM, OEM stands for "Original Equipment Manufacturer" which isn't a term that applies to guitars at all; most of the time I hear it with regards to computer components where it is a lower priced component that doesn't come in retail packaging and also has no manual with it.

Secondly it wouldn't be £200, it would work out to about £200 plus import duties, VAT, postage and packaging. Most of the time by the time you've paid all that stuff it's either about the same price or cheaper to just buy in this country.

Thirdly... that website stinks of bullshit, I'd steer well clear.

Ok, I will do. And thanks for the info guys.
Quote by necrosis1193

i`ve been formulating a thread for this but i need help from peeps who know the ins and outs of other manufacturers who are frequently faked i`ll take care of ibanez fakes, but i need help from fender and gibson afficinado's in order to make the thread work.

pm me if you have any input
If your spending big money on a guitar, most companies have no problem emailing them with pictures and asking for an opinion. I contacted PRS when buying my current guitar, and responded promptly, gibson do the same. Beyond that even asking a friend or posting it on UG.

Largely though, if its too good to be true it is
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12