Like the title said, i'm in the market for a new pickup. I was told that my Alexi-600 was going to come with active pickups, but when it arrived, it had a passive EMG HZ. I was a little ticked, but didn't care enough to return it. Now I'm in the market for a new pickup. The body is made out of alder, and there's a shit ton of space in the control cavity, so I can with either active or passives. Since my 2 other guitars have passives, I would prefer some active pickups for a full range of tones, but I guess a good passive can pass too. I'm going for a super high output pickup that gets aMegadeth(ish) sort of tone, and my amp is a B-52 AT 112.

TL;DR: Need new pickup. Preferably active, passive's OK. Alder body, B-52 AT 112 for amp. Looking for Megadeth(ish) sound. Pickups needs to be super high output

Here are some of the pickups I'm looking at:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/EMG-EMG-81-Humbucking-Active-Guitar-Pickup-100217182-i1323627.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Seymour-Duncan-SH-6-Distortion-Humbucker-Pickup-300042-i1127382.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Seymour-Duncan-SH-14-Custom-5-Humbucker-Pickup-101708261-i1127463.gc
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
I'll always recommend Bare Knuckle.

check them out-http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
I have 81's (bridge and neck) in my LTD RZK. Kick ass pickups. The most common for them though are with a 85. EBAY also has tons of them for sale. I haven't heard them but I hear the Zak Wylde set is good.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Quote by JohnnyNash
I have 81's (bridge and neck) in my LTD RZK. Kick ass pickups. The most common for them though are with a 85. EBAY also has tons of them for sale. I haven't heard them but I hear the Zak Wylde set is good.

even better than matching with an 85, put an EMG 60 in the bridge, especially if you want to get a good clean tone

also, check out the Mick Thompson signature Seymour Duncan blackouts.
Quote by Demonikk
Disco break!

Quote by Julz127
Make sure you put me in your citations at the end. Or at least in your sig.
I have no idea why, but for some reason, I'm really against getting signature pickups. I just don't know why haha. And I would really prefer for the pickup to be one that I could get in store.
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

Quote by simpleben09
I have no idea why, but for some reason, I'm really against getting signature pickups. I just don't know why haha. And I would really prefer for the pickup to be one that I could get in store.

understandable, a lot of people don't like sig stuff cause you are paying more for a name, but i like Slipknot, that's why I got them and to be honest, I don't notice that much of a difference between those and regular blackouts. But I highly recommend the Blackouts or a set of EMGs. Also, if you're in the market for a very reliable copy for half the price, check out dragonfireguitars.com they have EMG based active pickup sets for less than one EMG pickup. I have two guitars with these in them and they really don't sound any different than the 81/85 combo
Quote by Demonikk
Disco break!

Quote by Julz127
Oh yeah, when I looked on ebay, I saw a lot of Dragonfire pickups. What do you think of them?
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father

I personally see no difference in them and the 81/85 combo. I would have no problem buying those instead of EMGs or if I needed to replace an EMG in one of my guitars, I would definitely not hesitate to throw one in. They're also really good if you don't have a lot of money (like me). I personally do like having EMGs just cause that way I can look down and see that on my pickup (kinda how people want a Gibson for the name on the headstock) but like I said, it's all the same. Definitely check them out though.
Quote by Demonikk
Disco break!

Quote by Julz127
I would say an SD Blackout, SD Dave Mustian, An EMG 81x, DiMarzio D-Activator, or Dimarzio D-Activator X. Any of those should get that sound. Chris Boderick uses the D-Activator. I use Blackouts. Love them, best pup I've ever used, period.
If your looking to stay similar to an alexi tone since you bought an alexi 600 get a seymour duncan blackout(s) cause before alexi had his signature emg hz's he played sd blackouts. Recommend the AHB-1 if you want decent cleans and distortion, AHB-2 if you want distorion or even more distortion with the jumper on it, and AHB-3 (Mick Thompson sig). I own the AHB-1 and love it but i also own the AHB-2 but it's going in a guitar build i'm making but it should be better than the AHB-1 but i haven't tested it yet. Plus Blackouts are cheaper than emg 81/85's and sound better imo and you don't need to use the 18v mod like i would do with the 81/85's
My equipment:
Jackson JS30RR FR (w/ SD AHB-1 in bridge)
Peavey Ultra 112
Digitech RP350
Dunlop KH95 Crybaby
Ibanez XPT700
ISP Decimator
I like the SH-6 in alder; you might consider it too bright (since it's basically a JB with a Ceramic magnet, which means fairly bright). With that being said, I like it for its harmonic sensitivity. Notes just jump out of the thing.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Bareknuckle warpigs sound brutal in alder to be honest with you. The bass response and lower mids of the pickup balance out the high mids and treble prevalent in alder bodied guitars. I don't know how that head will sound pushed by actives so I would recommend a high output passive.

However as stated if you want a mustaine tone, the seymour duncan livewires may be a good choice. EMG 81/85 combo or Blackouts.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works