Giver
104 52%
50 - 50
63 32%
Dunno...
7 4%
Voters: 199.
Page 1 of 2
So, in personality, are you a taker or a giver?

A giver would probably watch a movie he liked only the first time 5 times to entertain other people that he really wants to see the movie, so this other person can experience this cinematic masterpiece.

A taker wouldn't ever do this so as the movie doesn't become unbearable if he ever feels like watching it again.

Now that I have explained fully what a taker is and what a giver is (I can't expect The Pit to be that bright), which are you?

I'm definitely a giver, I've seen the Shawshank Redemption so many times I remember the credits at the end

EDIT: We're not strictly talking movies here
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Aug 28, 2010,
Definitely a giver. Doesn't get you many women...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I see myself more as a giver, but a lot of the time a taker too.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
i said 50-50 but in reality its closer to the giver side
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
giver...

I used to always just purposely lose in musical chairs just so others wouldn't feel left out.
yo.

I BELIEVE
The Pit's full of good people.
OT: 50-50.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
i'm a total doormat
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
GIVER! not a question in my mind, i inconvenience myself all the time for the sake of friends.

although I taker easy alot...and if shes easy Ill taker twice (sorry bad pun I thought might work :P)
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
Sucker...

Er... I mean giver. Yeah, giver sounds positive.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Chronic Doormat Disorder. I have no cigs left from bumming them out to all my friends. Never do. Gave a guitar away, let some douche screw me out of an xbox 360, let people move in and destroy the rest of my games. =/
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Taker or Giver? Is that like the new pitcher and catcher?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
Taker or Giver? Is that like the new pitcher and catcher?

Yeah, except it involves more gay sex
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Lol at the amount of givers. Everyone out there is a taker, but in UG everyone's a giver .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

this
MY GEAR

1967 gibson sg special (p-90's)

Crate Blue Voodoo 0212 2x12
Quote by crazydiamondII

hendrix was good but he did nothing to change popular music's path.
Ehh....I'm not selfish, but I'm not spineless either, and the Shawshank Redemption rules.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Giver. But Im also a bottom, so does that make a taker, too?
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Wow, no two takers yet. Who are all the givers giving to?

Edit: And the two below me. It's good to know that some people can admit they're takers.

OT: I'm 50-50 I guess. I get help when I need it. But I'll do anything for someone in need, unless I have a good reason not to.
Last edited by geanes at Aug 28, 2010,
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Well believe me, it pays off when you do get one.
i dont ask nor give anything in return depends on how im feeling honestly

i would go see the same movie again if it was for someone i liked
i wouldnt if it we're for friends

id give a pencil to someone if i knew they werent ass hole
if they are i wouldnt

i loan things to people i trust and known for a long time
not to new people who i barely met or dont trust

etc...

guess im 40/60

i think im an asshole i think...im not sure :/
Music is not the Olympics. It's not a sport; it's a form of expression. There is no such thing as bad music. There may be music that you personally don't like, but if you don't like it, don't listen to it.." Eddie Van Halen
Quote by strat0blaster
Sucker...

Er... I mean giver. Yeah, giver sounds positive.

+3
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Giver. But the real question is.... Are you a reacher or a settler?
Honestly, I'd say 50-50. Some things, I honestly can't stand doing, and I'll try to weasel out of them, but other times I'll be more of a giver, like when I try to help my friends out with their problems and such.
Quote by SWAS
Giver. But the real question is.... Are you a reacher or a settler?

I reach but I can never grab on. How's that?
Quote by Burgery
So, in personality, are you a taker or a giver?

A giver would probably watch a movie he liked only the first time 5 times to entertain other people that he really wants to see the movie, so this other person can experience this cinematic masterpiece.

A taker wouldn't ever do this so as the movie doesn't become unbearable if he ever feels like watching it again.

Now that I have explained fully what a taker is and what a giver is (I can't expect The Pit to be that bright), which are you?

I'm definitely a giver, I've seen the Shawshank Redemption so many times I remember the credits at the end

EDIT: We're not strictly talking movies here

These two sentences were poorly worded, it took me a while to figure them out.

I'm 50-50, but probably leaning more towards the 'giver' side.
Quote by SlayingDragons
These two sentences were poorly worded, it took me a while to figure them out.

English is my second language
Quote by korinaflyingv
I'm a giver, unless I find someone really keen to give me stuff. Then I sort of become a taker around them. :\
XIAOXI
I give so I can take. A friend once told me that relationships are all about using the other person, and the person using you. I half believe her.
2010's Sexiest Female Uger

i give to those i care for.
i take from those whom i despise. except, you know, gifts.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Page 1 of 2