Hey dudes and dudettes,

I own a Marshall AVT100x and play in a band for school. We like to play loud, and when I crank it, it looses all it's bass response. Is this normal for amps at high volumes? I even cranked the bass and backed the treble to about 3!

-Halp!
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
its a solid state amp......
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Why should that matter?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
That's an AVT, they always sound like that. The only way to fix it is to buy a new amp. Different speakers will probably help but really, it's just a really thin sounding piece of SS crap with a single 12AX7 jammed in as a gimick. Terrible, terrible amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
That's an AVT, they always sound like that. The only way to fix it is to buy a new amp. Different speakers will probably help but really, it's just a really thin sounding piece of SS crap with a single 12AX7 jammed in as a gimick. Terrible, terrible amp.

As bad as it sounds, is true. Its solid state so when you push it hard like that you hear a bit of clipping, harsh and buzzy, usually not delightful to ones ear.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
tube amps sound better when you turn them up, its the opposite with solid state amps. i used to have the avt150. it was horrible. i really just dont want to get into that right now lol but i am MUCH happier with my jet city. i could just never get a good distortion out of that thing no matter what i did. its just fundamentally flawed in sound and feel. if i were you id try to get rid of that thing for a nice tube amp like the jet city or similar, youll be able to crank it all you want and it will sound ALOT better than your AVT. trust me, i had that AVT for years, the tube is just a gimmick.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Ah the inevitable truth comes out, how depressing. Wonder what re-sale I could get on this.... I hate living in a house with no musicians, they don't understand the difference between amps and will flip out when they see I want a new one after only having this for about 6 months.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
yea man, i mean i dont want to depress you about your amp or anything but ive been there and i hated it especially looking back. once you get a new one youll be glad you did. i had the AVT150 combo, and i sold it to my one friend for 450$. i almost feel bad lol but he likes the way it sounds and im getting a new amp out of it so it works i guess. i think my friend does like it(at least better than his spider 3) but he has already been talking about getting another amp also, i sold it to him this summer. its not a bad amp for the features, but there is definitely ALOT better. idk what you got yours for or what condition or how theyre going for nowadays but if you play your cards right or have a friend who wants one you might get a nice price for it.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Well I have a couple of grand stashed away for a holiday at the end of next year, so I could splurge on an amp I guess! One of my mates is beginning guitar soon, I could sell it to him. Over in Aus this amp retails for 1.1k, so I could swindle a deal.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.