I see one up on Ebay for a very low price from the looks of it there are only two small dings on it. It look's very cool I really like the look of it. I know Ibanez makes good basses and this bass normally goes for $400. I just want to know if anybody has ever played one and what that thought of it. I heard some clips of what it sounds like and to me it sounds pretty good. But I did hear alittle bit of buzz I don't know if it was the amp or the bass.
The Jet King is a pretty cool bass. It has something of a Fender Jaguar thing going on. Actually, I like it better than the Jaguar. It plays better than the Jaguar I tried out. The Jet King has your typical Ibanez quality and feel, and it has a good tone. If it is going for a good price, then you should buy it if you like it.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Iv been trying to find one that I can try out but my local Guitar Center does not carry it. I'm sure the neck isn't that thick on it.
Quote by Radtastic89
Iv been trying to find one that I can try out but my local Guitar Center does not carry it. I'm sure the neck isn't that thick on it.

It seems like it'd be a very light sounding, warm bass. Ibanez necks are very thin so no, it won't be thick...at all.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Quote by Nolanrox
It seems like it'd be a very light sounding, warm bass. Ibanez necks are very thin so no, it won't be thick...at all.

My ATK has a neck like a Fender Precision so don't be so sure.
Quote by Spaz91
My ATK has a neck like a Fender Precision so don't be so sure.

ATKs are a lot different than JTKs. The JTKs have a very light tone, I played one at GC and it was really nice (the radius was a little odd though). But I still think the ATK is a better bass. I love the neck and the versatility.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Last edited by Nolanrox at Aug 29, 2010,
I'm sure I can get this bass to sound pretty good buy tweaking my amp. But I wonder if this bass will fit my sound. I want it to be like a Indie rockish sound.
Quote by Radtastic89
I'm sure I can get this bass to sound pretty good buy tweaking my amp. But I wonder if this bass will fit my sound. I want it to be like a Indie rockish sound.

I don't see why not. It seems to have a Jazz bass build to it, and it's punchy. But EQing can help change it to your wanting.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
ATK basses were built to be anti everything Ibanez basses were in the 90's to keep up with doomy grunge fad at the time, so cant compare them to anything else ibanez. I had a jet king guitar, and saw a jet king bass this weekend, they look great and sound pretty good stock, would have modded it had i not sold it to mod my tele
Last edited by askrere at Aug 29, 2010,