I know I need A Guitar (Duh), Drums, Bass, And Whatever I already Have. But my question is, what amp should I Get? I have a Rage 258 Peavy Amp. It works great for practice and i'm sure it would be fine for a very small venue like a little bar. But What amp Should? and Where Should i Get it? And How many will I need?
need more information, budget, genre, sound you want, used or new, etc.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
How soon are you playing a show? what is your budget for an amp? where in NY do you live? are you willing to buy used?

besides those questions, have a backup plan for anything that can go wrong. String breaks? pickup/pot/switch goes out? have a backup guitar. do you use alternate tunings? do you switch tunings often? have a 2nd guitar so you dan't waste the audiance's time tuning and retuning between every 3rd song.

have a backup of anything that could potentially break. that includes amps, pedals, picks, cables, straps, power supplies, etc. You don't have to buy everything you own in pairs, but find an adequate emergency rig to supplement your #1 rig to get you through the rest of the show.

Say you were using a Marshall JCM900 with Les Paul, a TS9, an MXR stereo chorus and a Carbon copy delay. you could have a backup rig with a Bugera clone, an Epi les paul II, a bad monkey, a Dano chorus and a DD3.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Within I'd Say $600 (for Reference), I like Hard Rock, Stoner rock, Grunge, and Metal. Mostly Bands Like Kyuss, Soundgarden, Queens of The Stone Age, Black Sabbath, Alince In Chains. I Want A Dirty Distorted Sound (like Josh Homme's Of Kyuss and Queens of The Stone Age). I Want It To Sound Dense, You know? Real Heavy! New or Used, idc just A good Reference.
once again, where do you live in NY?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
How soon are you playing a show? what is your budget for an amp? where in NY do you live? are you willing to buy used?

besides those questions, have a backup plan for anything that can go wrong. String breaks? pickup/pot/switch goes out? have a backup guitar. do you use alternate tunings? do you switch tunings often? have a 2nd guitar so you dan't waste the audiance's time tuning and retuning between every 3rd song.

have a backup of anything that could potentially break. that includes amps, pedals, picks, cables, straps, power supplies, etc. You don't have to buy everything you own in pairs, but find an adequate emergency rig to supplement your #1 rig to get you through the rest of the show.

Say you were using a Marshall JCM900 with Les Paul, a TS9, an MXR stereo chorus and a Carbon copy delay. you could have a backup rig with a Bugera clone, an Epi les paul II, a bad monkey, a Dano chorus and a DD3.

this could be a little bit OTT - my rule is usually backup guitar and an agreement with a guitarist in one of the other bands playing on the night that we could both use each others amps in an emergency.

If you don't need cleans a Peavey 6505+ 112 would do the trick.
Quote by Jhachey22

A JCM900 is my backup amp. I need three guitars for gigs anyway (different tunings) so there's always an opportunity to get somebody to restring one if I break a string while I play one of the others.
If you can't afford to buy your own PA, and I strongly advise you to save up and buy one, find a place close that hires them for a fair price. You can't really do a gig without one unless you want to look and sound like a goose.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^Cathbard, just giving an example. no need to wig out about the amp, man

TS, check out one of these amps. they should do you fine for gigs.

Traynor YCV50 - $550
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/msg/1918034170.html

Peavey Valveking 1/2 stack - $550
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/msg/1877943774.html

Marshall DSL401 - $495
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/msg/1855605824.html

Peavey XXX Super 40 - $450
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/msg/1908161120.html
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
^Cathbard, just giving an example. no need to wig out about the amp, man

Just fooling around man. The rest of the post was the real info I was trying to get across. A PA is the most important thing. You should be miking up the amp regardless of how big it is so the FOH levels can be adjusted without having the mixer dude throwing beer cans at ya.
I hear people here all the time saying "big enough to fill the venue". Wtf are you trying to fill the venue with the sound straight off the amp for? Don't you care about the mix? It's a band not just a guitarist showing off.
Sort out the PA situation and you can use just about any amp. Go for tone in your guitar amp, not volume. (says the man whose never gigged with an amp smaller than 60W )
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification