Poll: Which strat...
Poll Options
View poll results: Which strat...
Fender American Standard Strat SSS
14 52%
Fender American Standard Strat Hss
13 48%
Voters: 27.
I've decided I'm definitely picking up a new American Standard next week, I love the feel, I love the tone, I love everything about them. My only concern is I'm not sure which to buy, the SSS or the HSS. After playing them both quite a bit, the SSS is my fav. right now, however I think I Might like the option of having the Humbucker later on. I know I could buy an SSS and just change the pickup later, but the same could be said with the HSS.
Last edited by NotAsEasyAsGH at Aug 28, 2010,
Fender can't make a decent regular sized humbucker (IMO). Plus, the SSS is more sexy.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
SSS and swap that bridge pickup for a stacked humbucker. You still get the classy looks but infinitely more versatility.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Play before you pay!! If you want it to sound like a Strat get SSS if, you want generic guitar number 666 then opt for the HSS.Neither is better then the other it all boils down to what you like,need,desire blah blah blah.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
I prefer HSS myself and would maybe coil tap it but then you may not play the same sort of music as me. Certainly, when I had an HSS Strat it used a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge with Fender single coils and the tonal options were incredible - better than any other guitar I've ever owned. My Jackson is good and I wouldn't change it but it still doesn't have the tonal range I had with that Strat. Without a doubt, I'd get the HSS, change the humbucker to something better and coil tap it. What more would you ever need?
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
You might as well get an SSS, I mean you're buying a Strat. If you wanted it to go heavier, then it would make sense to buy a guitar more geared toward heaviness.

If you're looking for a do it all guitar, then get either one, ditch the pickguard for an HSH, coil tap both H's, and there you go...
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X