So, don't yell at me if there's already a thread on this, but i don't have time to look through 333 pages of threads. anyways, I use the 11 gauge super slinkys and play in drop d. I don't pick particularly heavy, except for when we play shows. I keep breaking the second string, a, 38, whatever you wanna call it. I buy the strings, play for an hour, and then the next day, ill play for another hour and it breaks! its extremely annoying. can anyone help me with this?
Originally posted by zomgguitarz1234

What if I got something to shoot ashes up into the air like snow? (sounds pretty cool, I think they did this at concentration camps though )
If the same string is breaking, it's because some point of contact with your guitar is abrasive. Usually it's a burr on your nut or saddle, and it's easy to tell where because it'll be where the string breaks.

Once you've figured where its happening, just use a file to smooth it out, lubricate it with some graphite from a pencil, and you should be set.
well, it DOES break RIGHT at the saddle, so that makes sense. Thanks, this should help.

What if I got something to shoot ashes up into the air like snow? (sounds pretty cool, I think they did this at concentration camps though )
Sorry for the nitpick, but they're not super slinkies, super slinkies are .9 guage. Regular slinkies are .10 guage etc. Maybe that's partially the problem too, they're not as thick as you thought?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Yeah, power Slinkies are the 11-48 set.

Get a very fine grit piece of sandpaper and sand the saddle down a little. Use a magnifying glass to find the burr and sand that spot.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
sorry, i meant power slinkies, haha. I never remember the first word, just the purple package and the 11 haha.