I'm about to buy a Marshall TSL60 head to use for worship music as well as Death Metal (Yeah, big jump haha). I've got a TS9 right now, but I'm not sure if that's going to be the best OD for what I'm about to do. What are some versatile OD pedals under $150-$200 that would be a better fit for my needs? Or is the TS9 going to be the best bet? I'll be using the TS9 as a boost only for the TSL60 and for all my overdrive for worship (playing a lot of lead parts/solos).

Thanks
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
od pedal recommendations are going to be all over the place, personally i like my maxon 808.
Guitars
Amps
Has anybody checked out FJA's modded Tubescreamer? It's only $75+shipping...? He says it's improved clarity and more gain.

I would suggest checking to see if somebody has posted a comparison vid, on google, about that mod.
I've got TSL 602 and I've owned a bunch of booteeks still have a modded TS9 and a stock TS9....I picked up a bad monkey as a throw in in a trade and honestly it sounds the better than both TS9's its got just that touch of Grit. And a 10 band in front sounds damn good as well...also the mid hump of the TS9 fits this amp really well....just keep ur TS9 and maybe get a EQ....also pre amp tubes make a big difference but don't just throw JJ's in every hole....play around with some different 12AX7s and you'll be suprised.
Ok awesome man, thanks for the help.

Have you tried a Tung-Sol in V1? And also, I recently got a Behringer E-700 EQ pedal pedal havent had a chance to mess around with it, it's a 7-band. You think it'd be best to run that before the TS9?

I use a Boss DS-2 with my Marshall JCM 800 and it works really well for heavy rock - metal, not so sure about death metal and such though, but the tone is great.

HELLO!

Quote by Metalcoresoul
Ok awesome man, thanks for the help.

Have you tried a Tung-Sol in V1? And also, I recently got a Behringer E-700 EQ pedal pedal havent had a chance to mess around with it, it's a 7-band. You think it'd be best to run that before the TS9?

I have my EQ after my ods.....but mess around with different postions......find ur liking. PM me when u get ur amp and we can talk tubes.
Edit: I look to replace the EQ.....the 10 band mxr is one of the better choices...