I ordered an Ibanez from a music store near my place 10 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived at the store. How long does it usually take for a store to order something from their supplier, and have it shipped to their store? The music store is in Canada btw, if that makes any difference.
for it to get to their store should take anywhere between 1 and 4 weeks, then it depends whether they set it up after it gets to their store then how long it takes them to process the order and however long the postage time is.
You might want to call the store just to check. We can't really answer how long until it gets there cus we don't know, however the store might. Also if there was a problem they could tell you.

Edit: Damn, beaten by a minute ^
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
I've had to wait for stuff before - usually amps. Manufacturers tend to rotate what they build. One week, it may be one type of guitar and the next week, another type. I've experienced that with Mesa and Rivera. The store probably ordered it right away, but it may take some time for it to show up. As the others have already mentioned, call them and ask for status. Call them weekly.
Quote by zincabopataurio
I ordered an Ibanez from a music store near my place 10 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived at the store. How long does it usually take for a store to order something from their supplier, and have it shipped to their store? The music store is in Canada btw, if that makes any difference.

Did you order from lamusic.ca? They're pretty notorious for taking extremely long to get things to you and lying about the process. Otherwise, it's quite possible the item is backordered. The product currently in stores' inventories was ordered months ago.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Nah I ordered from Long and Mcquade.

I have called them many times. I'm starting to think they just forgot or don't care. the first guy that I talked to said it was delayed a week (I'm ok with that, but 7 weeks later it's still not here), and that Ibanez usually takes a long time to make orders. Is that true? The other guys I talked to said they'd do something and call me back but never did.

If I ordered from their site, and actually pay for the shipping myself, would it come faster? I was expecting 3 weeks max.
Last edited by zincabopataurio at Aug 29, 2010,
^ just be careful you don't do something daft which means you have to pay for two of them, lol.

regarding the original question, it really depends on the item in question and the store you ordered from, if something is just out of stock or in low availability (for whatever reason), it can take a while. but contact them every so often to let them know you haven't forgotten, kind of thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Long and Mcquade told my friend his bass would be there in 3-4 weeks. after 5 weeks he called them up asking them if it was in and they told him they would order it right away and that it would be 3-4 weeks. My friend really wanted this bass so he waited the 3-4 weeks again and then called them. They still haven't ordered anything yet. The bass was also from Ibanez coincidentally.
good luck!
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
it one time took over 7 months to get a guitar i ordered. of course there were some extra circumstances in there, but it still was going to take 10 or 12 weeks. which was fine, once i actually found out what was going on. you just need to call and see what is up.

also keep in mind that music stores arent like cd stores that get in a shipment every monday night (new release cds and stuff). they might only get a truck in a couple times a month. and not all deliveries have all brands/items. so sometimes it takes a month or two to get certain items.

now, you did specificly order something, so they should have been making an effort to get it for you. give them a call and find out what is up, thats really the only good answer.
Quote by jof1029

now, you did specificly order something, so they should have been making an effort to get it for you. give them a call and find out what is up, thats really the only good answer.

It was an actual order, I paid a $60 deposit first, they got some info from me (name, email, number), and told me that it'll take 2-3 weeks, and that I'll get an email.

I've been to the store many times, and I've seen shipments of epiphones and fenders come in, but my guitar is never there. I also happened to notice a new ibanez on display.

I'm thinking of refunding my deposit (if they'll let me), and ordering online.
Quote by zincabopataurio
It was an actual order, I paid a $60 deposit first, they got some info from me (name, email, number), and told me that it'll take 2-3 weeks, and that I'll get an email.

I've been to the store many times, and I've seen shipments of epiphones and fenders come in, but my guitar is never there. I also happened to notice a new ibanez on display.

I'm thinking of refunding my deposit (if they'll let me), and ordering online.

Thats what I would do. I can't imagine waiting that long. You must be very patient. I would definitely try and get your money back and buy online. Too bad you can play it first though...
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)