noone (no one)
8 4%
its/it's
2 1%
other
48 25%
Voters: 189.
Page 1 of 3
What are some misspellings that annoy you the most? Mine would probably be "noone" (no one) because I don't get how some people actually think this is the correct spelling even though it looks so obviously wrong.

So what misspelling annoys you the most?

Poll will be posted.
Noone bugs me too

I know there are more, I just can't think of them right now
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
A friend of mine says "Noone (Pronounced as noon) cares" instead of "No one cares", because he hates it so much. Its actually pretty funny.
Prolly is one that bugs the crap out of me. There is no such word! It's PROBABLY!!!
Why isn't they're an ''all'' option?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Whenever anyone spells "tomorrow" as "tomarrow" or some variation using a goddamn "a".
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
When people don't know the correct way to use the word YOUR. Ex: "YOUR a dumbass" Ahhhh and nearly everyone does it. ****ing idiots!
Writing 'of' instead of 'off'
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Their are to many too think of, I'm not even gonna bother. Theirs alot of people who suck at grammar and spelling now a days, it's like noone took english class amirite?
Quote by Isuxdix
Their are to many too think of, I'm not even gonna bother. Theirs alot of people who suck at grammar and spelling now a days, it's like noone took english class amirite?

iseewutudidther
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Isuxdix

Prolly.
Quote by Mudmen190
When someone says loose instead of lose.

This one is pretty bad.

I still feel your/you're is the worst. Everyone does it. EVERYONE. It pisses me off.

Another one is instead of alright, "aight". Seriously. Why say that? Why type that? That's like... black dialect or some sort of Louisiana-New Orleans-esque bs talk and everyone who says it is white as white could be. "Aight".

I'll think of more and post them.

Didn't even take the poll because misspellings piss me off too much. I don't brag about my intelligence, but after years of honors and Advance Placement English I've learned to speak (and type) correctly. This texting-talk is nonsensical in every way. My generation blows, haha.

The only times I misuse and mispronounce things are when I'm messing around online like the rest of us (saying teh, meh, muh, internetz, things of that nature). There's messing around and then there's talking like "Little Wayne." *shiver*
Heisenberg might have been here

I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac

I don't clean my room because I'm saving entropy the effort

Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route
Then/than as well, and even who/whom at times.
Arms Of Empire
^ ^ ^ Band I am involved in ^ ^ ^
Please check it out? ;D

Axe FX II + EBMM JP6 + Jackson DK2S
Quote by MusicMan24
Noone bugs me too

I know there are more, I just can't think of them right now

Hayley Williams = cute in my books

Go Cubs!!! (haha, poor you. Go Red Birds

Go Packers!!! (grrrrrr... alas, you shall trump my Bears with ease this season, haha)

Go Bulls!!! (eh..meh... I'll root for em every now and then)

"should of" instead of "should have" (happens with "could" and "would" too, of course.)

those piss me off more than anything.
<3 u
I picked other, because they all drive me ****ing crazy. Most of those I would consider to be improper diction, and not spelling, though.
Most of them I find annoying.

However, being Canadian, a lot of my American friends constantly say I'm spelling some words wrong. Canada has this funny thing about putting "U" in between some "O's" and "R's"

Examples:
Flavour
Colour
Favour
Labour

That's just how Canucks do it.
Oh, and don't forget things like "me and you" and all of those variants along with the 3rd comma (Megan, Joe, and I). Gotta add that 3rd comma....

Quote by NoOne0507
THEN/THAN

this.
Current Gear:
Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio (Bass)
Yamaha RBX-170 (Bass)
Boss ODB-3 (Overdrive Pedal)
Line 6 LowDown 150 (Amp)
Quote by RiverBass

However, being Canadian, a lot of my American friends constantly say I'm spelling some words wrong. Canada has this funny thing about putting "U" in between some "O's" and "R's"

Examples:
Flavour
Colour
Favour
Labour

I believe that the British also use that system of language? I'm pretty sure because a lot of the poetry and whatnot I read sometimes uses that particular type of grammour

Quote by work sucks
"should of" instead of "should have" (happens with "could" and "would" too, of course.)

those piss me off more than anything.

That.

And also, "definately".
Quote by RiverBass

Examples:
Flavour
Colour
Favour
Labour

I hear you man. Whenever I see those words with a u it just looks weird. also it really makes my blood boil if a spell check tells me I'm wrong when I spell words as such.

I wonder is Dallas Green gets pissed when his american fans spell it city and color

Now that you meant language differences in countries isn't it weird how americans spell certain words that we end in 're' with 'er', even though that's the way it sounds? For example - centre, metre, sabre, theatre..
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by RiverBass

Examples:
Flavour
Colour
Favour
Labour

Brits, Aussies and Kiwis all do that too.

EDIT: ^ 're' is more correct, even if phonetically it might be weird.
Last edited by denfilade at Aug 29, 2010,
Quote by jhalterman
I believe that the British also use that system of language? I'm pretty sure because a lot of the poetry and whatnot I read sometimes uses that particular type of grammour

Which reminds me of another one that bugs me. Grammer instead of grammar. It's pretty sad if you can't even spell grammar And then there's the classic masterbate instead of masturbate.

Quote by Wiegenlied

Now that you meant language differences in countries isn't it weird how americans spell certain words that we end in 're' with 'er', even though that's the way it sounds? For example - centre, metre, sabre, theatre..

I never understood why we changed it. Perhaps it was a Revolutionary War thing? Or it could have been laziness over the years (like how "palm" and "almond" are actually pronounced more like "pam" and "ahmond") - I know it's weird, but that was how they were probably first pronounced

I honestly don't care. If I can understand what they're saying then why should it matter?

It's just the internet, not a literacy exam.
Too/to/two. Seriously, it's not that difficult.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

Quote by denfilade
Brits, Aussies and Kiwis all do that too.

EDIT: ^ 're' is more correct, even if phonetically it might be weird.

Its only correct if that's how you're country does it. In America "er" is correct and "re" is wrong, and vice versa in the rest of the English speaking world. We like to be different.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by jhalterman
I never understood why we changed it. Perhaps it was a Revolutionary War thing? Or it could have been laziness over the years (like how "palm" and "almond" are actually pronounced more like "pam" and "ahmond") - I know it's weird, but that was how they were probably first pronounced

That's not your entire country. That's a dialect of your region... most people here pronounce the l's in palm and almond such as myself.

I honestly don't care. If I can understand what they're saying then why should it matter?

It's just the internet, not a literacy exam.

Because it's incorrect usage of the language, which makes the person using it look stupid and uneducated. That, and the fact that most of us spent years learning the proper ways to speak and type with correct spelling and grammar, and it bothers us for people to misuse the language; to me, however, it's just a minor pet peeve. It just frankly annoys me.

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Aug 29, 2010,
Page 1 of 3