My guitar used to be amazing at staying in tune, where I could go days with it nearly perfect. But since the last time I changed my strings, it goes out of tune after just a few hours. I used the same set of strings as always (Ernie Ball super slinky) and did not wind them backwards (Done that before and it still stayed in tune) What could be wrong? Is it just a bad set of strings, or the weather or something?
They're just stretching. Give them a few hours after constant playing and tuning and they should be good to go.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
what kind of guitar? is your neck warped? do you have a floating bridge? did you make sure to stretch the strings?
Epiphone EM-2, neck is fine, no tremelo, no I didn't do that. but I never have before and it was always fine anyway
It could be lash in the tuners, or more likely a rough spot in the nut slots. Have a tech look at it. It might be an easy fix.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by zgbgydug
Epiphone EM-2, neck is fine, no tremelo, no I didn't do that. but I never have before and it was always fine anyway
There's your problem.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Stretch your strings. Yes, it's a pain in the ass but it's worth it. I stretch out my strings when I change them and barely have to touch my tuners for a month.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
if the strings are a day old then yes, stretching the strings, basically working them in will help.

but guys if he's been playing them for hours and they still don't hold a tune, then guess what. they are already stretched.

1. like said, lube the nut cuts.
2. what's your stringing technique?
hopefully, 2-3 wraps?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011