Poll: Do you like signatue guitars ?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like signatue guitars ?
Do you own one ?
38 42%
Would you buy one ?
68 75%
Voters: 91.
Page 1 of 2
Signature Guitars

1- Do you like them ?

2- Do you own one ?

3- Would you buy one ?

4- Which one ?

I have a Toni Iommi and a Dimebag design and have just ordered a Zacky Vengeance and i enjoy playing them and they look great hanging on the wall, they are as pretty as a picture but man can they roar.
I think all guitars are signature models they all havesome else's name on them Gibson, Fender, Jackson, Schecter, Dean, BC Rich, Ibanez, Epiphone.
Lefty Guitars
Schecter Devil Custom
Dean Razorback Explosion
Epiphone Tony Iommi G400
Ashton AG131
1. Some of them are nice.

2. Yep.

3. Sure, a nice one.

4. Well the one already have is a PGM301, it got me into Paul Gilbert. If I was going to get another one, the Gibson Johnny A.'s are nice. It's not that it's a signature guitar, it's just that it is a cool guitar that happens to be someone's signature model.
I think theyre just fine. I dont see a problem. Personally, I HATE five finger death punch, but LOVE Zoltans signature guitar. One of the few Bc riches i would actually buy

BOTH of Jim Roots signature Fenders are gorgeous I think
Quote by BRB Devil
1- Do you like them ?

2- Do you own one ?

3- Would you buy one ?

4- Which one ?

Some of them look alright.

No.

Probably not, most of the specs I look for in a guitar are relatively specific and personal, I can't think of any sig model I'd actually shell out the cash for.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
1. Depends on who and what it is. I love Steve Morse's Music Man guitars, but I'd never buy a Dime ML simply because it's not what I'd want in any way, shape, or form.

2. Nope.

3. Again, depends on the model. Yngwie's signature strat I like. Dave Murray's I like but would never pay that much for.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by nickdohle
I think theyre just fine. I dont see a problem. Personally, I HATE five finger death punch, but LOVE Zoltans signature guitar. One of the few Bc riches i would actually buy

This and this. Gorgeous.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

i have a epiphone zakk wylde sig, i could imagine spending $4000 on the gibson model but i bought the epi with emgs used for $500, cant beat the price.
1. sometimes

2. no

3. only if it was a subtle one like angus young signature, plain kirk hammett sig, Jim Root sig, you get the picture. ones like zakk wyldes sig i wouldnt buy as you look like your trying to be him.
Last edited by CreepingDeath13 at Aug 29, 2010,
wth kind of poll is that?

ive got an ibanez PGM301
Last edited by Arterial at Aug 29, 2010,
Depends.

Yup.

Have.

I bought the VMNT.

Sig guitars I like are those which offer a different sound, feel, or look to the standard. The VMNT sounded and felt better than damn near any other guitar I tried out, so I went with it. It's not terribly "unique" like some are, but one thing I've come to love is the bridge volume pot being within pinky reach while playing.

There are some sig guitars that are just a stock one with a different finish or even stripped of all control outside of a volume knob; I can understand the appeal for some people, but I don't care about finish, and if I'm not really happy with that one tone, it won't cut it for me.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Well, I've got two Les Pauls. They started out as a signature guitar. There have been a few signature instruments that I like and would have bought if I'd had the chance. I wanted the Alex Lifeson Gibson ES355, but it sold out as soon as it was released. I did snag a Fender Geddy Lee bass, which is a very nice version of the Fender Jazz. And I've considered buying an Ibanez GB200 George Benson model. I played one once and thought it was a fantastic guitar.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Didn't we have this exact thread last month?
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Very odd poll.

But yes I love signature guitars, I have a JS1200 and it's awesome.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
1- Do you like them?
Not just because they're signature models, no, but if they happen to have a spec that interests me then sure, why not.

2- Do you own one?
No, but I used to own a Ritchie Sambora Strat. I'm not a great fan of either Bon Jovi or Ritchie Sambora so the fact it was a signature model was irrelevant to me but I was looking for a Strat style guitar with an OFR and a good humbucker in the bridge that was versatile. It was just the right spec for me at the time and offered an astonishing array of tones that no other guitar I've owned has ever been able to match. I swear, Fender single coils matched with a bridge humbucker like the DiMarzio Super Distortion that was in that model, gives you one of the most versatile guitars money can buy.

3- Would you buy one?
Yes I would, as I have clearly done so before but the spec would have to be right and if it was easily recognizeable as a signature model that would put me off a bit. I couldn't see myself ever owning a Synyster Gates guitar or Zakk Wylde guitar for instance as I think I'd look like too much of a fanboy rather than a guitarist in my own right.

4- Which one?
For certain I'd love to own the 'Johnny A' Gibson. I first heard him when he was the support act for Joe Satriani and I was just blown away by the awesome tone he had. I've never heard such a beautiful sounding guitar in my life, though the excellent player might have helped. I'd also quite like the BB King Gibson and I'd be interested in trying out the Herman Li Prestige Ibanez, even though I don't care for him as a guitarist. Conversely, I always thought I'd like a Santana signature guitar but I think I'd rather just buy a Yamaha SG2000 as I think his tone was far better then compared to the PRS he uses now.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
1- Do you like them ?

- It's a fun idea.

2- Do you own one ?

- No

3- Would you buy one ?

- No, I have a problem with having my own tone

4- Which one ?
I would definitely love to own a JEM7V and Herman Li's signature. Bloody excellent guitars overall, worth the price even without the name.
1- Do you like them ? Some yeah others not really

2- Do you own one ? Nope not right now

3- Would you buy one ? If i had the money then yeah i guess.

4- Which one ?
Well the DJ600 (explorer version) Ive always liked likewise the TM600 (standard or goldtop) have always been my fav's. However If i had the money a Syn custom mainly for the paintjob and hardware I just wish they removed the SYN from the neck.. Oh and finally the Jim root strat it just looks awesome
1- Do you like them ?

Certain models, yes.

2- Do you own one ?

I've got two; a Caparison Applehorn (Mattias Eklundh) and an Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor II

3- Would you buy one ?

Yes. In fact, I did.

4- Which one ?

Well, if I were to buy another signature model, I'd go for an Ibanez PGM of some sort or a Suhr Guthrie Govan model.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Aug 29, 2010,
Quote by MrFlibble
Didn't we have this exact thread last month?

You could say that about most threads
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by BRB Devil
Signature Guitars

1- Do you like them ?

2- Do you own one ?

3- Would you buy one ?

4- Which one ?

1. Depends on the gutiar - I like some of them, don't like others.

2. Not at the moment

3. Yes

4. Manson MB-1, Synyster Custom, James Hetfield's Ken Lawrence explorer if it were ever released, possibly a JS1000/JEM
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Last edited by Hidden Hippo at Aug 29, 2010,
I like some signature guitars, like the Jackson Dominion, which I own. It plays and sounds great. As long as the guitar doesn't have the artist's name and logos all over it (Synyster Custom), and the sound and playability are there, I have no problem getting a sig.
I prefer the sig guitars that are a bit different either in looks or if the specs have been modded. So I really don't like the Joe Strummer Tele cause it's just a normal Tele but with a (really bad IMO) specific paint-job on it.

On the other hand I really like all the Jazzmaster signature models (J Masics, Elvis Costello, both Sonic Youth ones), The Nick Valensi Riviera and some one of Keef-style Teles I've seen.

Might actually get the Thurston Moore Jazz, so yeah - as long as you like similar style guitars to the guy who it was designed for then it's all good
1- Do you like them ?
Yes

2- Do you own one ?
No

3- Would you buy one ?
Yes, but only if I like the way it looked

4- Which one ?
Ibanez JEM7V (Steve Vai's signature JEM)
1- Do you like them ?
Depends on specs.
2- Do you own one ?
Nah
3- Would you buy one ?
Yup
4- Which one ?
LTD Hex-7 (Nergal sig)
Proudly endorsed by Kamecki Guitars and WBgear!

My guitars:
-B.C Rich NJ Jr.V Deluxe (6 string guitar)
-Kamecki Custom V guitar
I like some of 'em.
Don't own one but wouldn't mind one, like depending on the sig.
I'm planning on getting the PRS Orianthi SE signature when it's out at some point, partially due to fanboyism, but also as it seems a pretty bomb guitar, and it's essentially like the PRS SE I was going to buy a few years ago (forget the model, I think it's discontinued now) but with any of my qualms with it fixed.

But yeah I love sig models as most people base their sound off their favourite artist, if they can get that without having to chop bits of other gear toghether then it's great.
If only I could afford the Suhr Guthrie Govan model or find an Ibanez JEM7BSB for a decent price!
1. I only like unique models (see most ESP Japan artists)

2. Not yet.

3. There are a few I would love to own if I were rich (see ESP Japan)

4. ESP Crying Star Rebel, ESP sakito sig, ESP Hitsugi sig
can't say i'm a big fan of most sig guitars. if they are just a variation of an existing model then why bother you can just mod a regular one and it will probably be cheaper. if it is a truely unique guitar (like say brian may's) then perhaps i might like it.

don't own any but i do have 2 guitars that became sig models. jeff becks sig fender is a variation on a Strat Plus (i have an 88 strat+) which i own as well as a Squier Esprit which is based on the early 80s Fender Esprit (which was adopted by robben ford and became his sig model)

i do kind of think that sig models pander to fanboys in most cases. the sad thing is that even if you have the sig guitar chances are you won't sound like the player anyways.
I usually dont like them. Something impersonal about it. Though if its a good guitar, and isnt covered in gayness and signatures and things that accosiate with the artist. Id have it.

Giant pics, but worth it.
Quote by BRB Devil
Signature Guitars

1- Do you like them ?

2- Do you own one ?

3- Would you buy one ?

4- Which one ?

I have a Toni Iommi and a Dimebag design and have just ordered a Zacky Vengeance and i enjoy playing them and they look great hanging on the wall, they are as pretty as a picture but man can they roar.
I think all guitars are signature models they all havesome else's name on them Gibson, Fender, Jackson, Schecter, Dean, BC Rich, Ibanez, Epiphone.

1. Some, usually if they have a somthing other ordinary guitars dont have (IE mustaine signature has his signature pickups)
2. No, Only signature guitars that are lefties were dean dimes (my god those are overpriced) an esp kh 202 (i dont need 400 dollars wasted when i got far better guitars for same price) and gretsch chet atkins (i dont really need a hollowbody) and a few more
3. If they have something unique that isn't a graphic
4. Idk
Eh.
1- Do you like them ?
Yeah they can be cool. I mean, a lot of signature's are just regular guitar's with a person's name on them, but some can be special

2- Do you own one ?
Hell yeah. An Alexi 600. Just got it the other day

3- Would you buy one ?
Already did, but idk if I would do it again. 1 signature guitar is good enough for me

4- Which one ?
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
1- Do you like them ?

Depends on what they are. If it's different enough to the regular version of the guitar like the jim root strat/tele or a completely different model like the Ibanez ORM-1 and i happen to like what they've done... then yeah. But if it's only cosmetically different from the standard version of that particular guitar, or has different hardware that can easily be dropped in a standard one for cheaper, then hell no.

2- Do you own one ?

No

3- Would you buy one ?

Yes

4- Which one ?

Fender Jim Root Strat, Ibanez ORM-1, and that gibson model from the '70s that's not actually a les paul, but it's les paul's signature model (i'm not sure what it's called but it's a subtlely different shape to a regular LP, and has some interesting features, including low-impedance pickups)
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I would looooove a Gibson Johnny A, those are amazing. But I already bought a FirstAct PW580, the Paul Westerberg (replacements) signature. I got it straight from the custom shop in Boston, and I love it. I actually just gave it to my girlfriend yesterday as a gift, since she's a killer songwriter and she fell in love with the guitar when she first saw it.

(I added the bow, she loves bows)
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
- Some of them.

- No.

- Yeah.

- a Maton Josh Homme sig' (if I really had a lot of cash, I'd get a Maton anyway). Maybe the Troy Van Leeuwen Yamaha. Seems really versatile, much more reasonable price.
Prs paul allender sig is awesome. Probally gonna get one for christmas!

The Jim Root sigs are nice and so is the Zoltan Bathory one.
Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust
Quote by nickdohle

Quote by TheBigProjekt
This and this. Gorgeous.

Quote by zYx Monster xYz
Prs paul allender sig is awesome. Probally gonna get one for christmas!

The Jim Root sigs are nice and so is the Zoltan Bathory one.

More love in here for the JR start than in my NGD thread for it

1- Do you like them ?

Yes, if the guitar is uniqye and has features I would want in the guitar then I think it always worth it. Unless its a Schecter.

2- Do you own one ?

Yes I do. I have a JR Strat and plan on getting a PGM Ibanez at some point too.

3- Would you buy one ?
Clearly, I own one.

4- Which one ?

This one!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
More love in here for the JR start than in my NGD thread for it

that's because your thread title attracted more butthurt schecter fanboys than anything else
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Page 1 of 2