While the video is playing
110 50%
After the video
40 18%
I don't read them.
22 10%
Voters: 222.
Page 1 of 2
Let's admit it, sometimes we like reading comments that make us laugh, or smile, or RAGE WITH FURY (I'm looking at you, Bieber attacking metal heads). So when do you usually read them? I personally read them while the video is playing, and I scroll up and down between the video and the comments.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
I usually read them when the video is loading and some comments make me mad. Why talk negative about a band when you are going to or already watched the video? Makes no sense to me, also the stupidity amazes me.
STಠ_ಠ
While it's playing. Most videos I watch are mainly for the sound. ex. songs
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
I read them while listening sometimes. I usually find that people who post hate comments either a) have no idea what they're talking about OR b) just wanna whine and moan.

Edit: Btw, I am a Bieber attacking Metalhead. *ahem* Where do I sign up to attack Justin Bieber?
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Aug 29, 2010,
Usually while it's playing. Some comments... ill-informed people are hilariously stupid.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
I try to not read them most of the time because all I've been seeing is a bunch of stupid "comment wars".
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I read them while listening sometimes. I usually find that people who post hate comments either a) have no idea what they're talking about OR b) just wanna whine and moan.

Edit: Btw, I am a Bieber attacking Metalhead. *ahem* Where do I sign up to attack Justin Bieber?

I was referencing those guys that post comments like

Attention metal lovers! On Halloween we are all going to go to Justin Bieber's "Baby" music video! Everyone "dislike" it and post hateful comments! Metal rules the world!

Now I consider myself a metalhead, and guys like these make me cringe so badly because they make us all look like douchebags. If you're one of those people then I don't have much respect for you as a person. But if not, you're cool

He will be missed.
Quote by EnyoAdonai
Usually while it's playing. Some comments... ill-informed people are hilariously stupid.

They're called Democrats.

ZING!

On topic, I always scroll down when I'm watching a video, but usually regret it.
PRO TIP: Comments=Spoilers for everything you can imagine.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Quote by EnyoAdonai

There's a difference between ill-informed and stupid.
I usually only read comments commenting on teh funniness of a funny video after the video is done.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I read them twice, while the video is loading and after I'm done watching it. I get a different perspective on the comments after I've watched the video. Of course this is only for videos that I care about, if it's just out of boredom then I only read the comments once.
cat
I ALWAYS copypasta the...

"if you don't copy and paste this in fifty bazillionz videos you will die...FOR GOOD...there is no respawn."

the "omg i can't believe 50 ppl hit the 'don't like' button wtf!" comments make me cringe.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Last edited by Teh Traineez0rz at Aug 29, 2010,
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
I ALWAYS copypasta the...

"if you don't copy and paste this in fifty bazillionz videos you will die...FOR GOOD...there is no respawn."

the "omg i can't believe 50 ppl hit the 'don't like' button wtf!" comments make me cringe.

God I hate those people. Or like "395 people missed the like button..." and shit like that. God I rage.

He will be missed.
Usually while it's loading, but if the video is just of a screenshot or just a person talking in the same location with nothing interesting happening int he background, I read during.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Most of those Justin Bieber attacking guys are just fucking losers, I personally don't give a damn what he does with himself, he isn't bothering me so Most of those guys aren't legit metalheads, they're just frustrated teens looking to fit in by hating this guy, they pervert the image of a true metalhead.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
usually when I'm watching the video and after it
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
i strongly dislike these comments:

LISTEN UP EVERYONE VERY IMPORTANT

The Metal Militia will be attacking Justin Biebers BABY video

on September 1st onward,Remember to dislike, put a comment and flag on the baby vid on sep 1

We need your help to destroy this modern autotune music that

has ruled the world. Copy paste this comment on every good music

video such as: Metallica, Pink Floyd, Dio, AC/DC, led zep, the doors, Beatles,Rolling Stones, Iron Maiden, hendrix,Guns n' Roses etc

thumbs up
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
While watching. Though it was MUCH better when they scrolled sideways, and not down. Then you could read while watching.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Those 'I liked the 0.01 - 4.45 part the best' comments really piss me off
When it's playing. I only use youtube for music really.
I don't mind silly comments usually, everyone's entitles to a measure of stupidity.

What pisses me off, is that I can't go on a single video without at least one comment comparing the artist/genre to bloody Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga or someone.
Come on people, use the comments to praise the artist/song, not bitch and moan about someone else!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I usually listen to the song and read the comments at the same time. It peeves me off big-time when I listen to Buddy Rich videos only to find asshats saying Travis Barker is a better drummer than Buddy Rich.
I dont read them, I got tired of the stupid comments and got a script for greasemonkey to remove them.
Another thing which is annoying is each time you go on Metallica video, there is always comments like Megadeth are so much better, Dave Mustaine is a better guitarist then Kirk/ he wrote most of Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning/ Kirk only uses wah and pentatonic while Dave Mustaine is the faster and better. Dave mustaine only co-wrotted: Metal Militia, Phantom Lord, Jump in the Fire, The 4 Horsemen, Ride the Lightning and Call Of Ktulu.

Whilst in Megadeth video's you always get comments like Metallica is better and so forth.

both bands are good!

I also dislike Ah im so annoyed that bands such as *insert band here* is better than Beiber or any pop group.

I also dislike: ewwww Pop sucks. etc...........
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
is there any music-related video that doesn't have a comment about Justin Beiber?

I saw one on a Gorguts vid today, lol.
Quote by Doppelgänger
is there any music-related video that doesn't have a comment about Justin Beiber?

I saw one on a Gorguts vid today, lol.

Not on Rush videos you don't see Bieber comments. Or most prog videos for that matter.
Kind of off-topic, but I'd like to take any commenter who does the bullshit elitist "*number of people who disliked video* need to get their heads examined lolzorz" and trample them under the hooves of a medieval Mongolian army.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Quote by Von.
Kind of off-topic, but I'd like to take any commenter who does the bullshit elitist "*number of people who disliked video* need to get their heads examined lolzorz" and trample them under the hooves of a medieval Mongolian army.

\
I just spat coke on the floor laughing at this.
I don't read the comments any more because youtube's terrible comment system makes it impossible to tell what going on.
Quote by btones
I like to read the comments because it makes me feel smart.

This. Occasionally, I'll post a comment I know will cause a shit storm just to see what funny shit people say when they're angry.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Aug 30, 2010,
I do it while watching. Some of the comments i've seen have genuinely had me in stitches before so it's worth it.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by Banjocal
This. Occasionally, I'll post a comment I know will cause a shit storm just to see what funny shit people say when they're angry.

This

When I only need my ears for the video, I usually read comments while it's playing. But sometimes, when I'm watching a cover or some song performed live, I keep my eyes on the video and read comments later.
I hate those " xxx people missed the like button " comments too, in some cases they're completely right, and those dislike button guys are just being jerks, but generally everyone has its own opinion, I mean for god sakes they don't like the video ... they don't have to justify their selves, move on !
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
my favourite comment on youtube is the top rated comment on this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k1sU9tCJow

Quote by Banjocal

I do that too occasionally

Usually I read once during the video, then once later if I found it interesting.
''You say Lady Gaga, I say Avenged Sevenfold!
You say 50 Cent, I say Trivium!
You say N-Dubz, I say Bullet For My Valentine!
You say Leona Lewis, I say Metallica!
You say Beyonce, I say Iron Maiden!
You say Dizzee Rascal, I say 30 Seconds to Mars!
You say rap, I say METAL!!!
You say pop, I say DIE!
IF YOU WORSHIP METAL AND ROCK MUSIC, POST THIS TO 30 THOUSAND OTHER VIDS AND SPREAD TO WORD!''

Last edited by Oh Shize at Aug 30, 2010,
99% of the dumbest things ever written are youtube comments. I do not read them.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
I've trained myself not to scroll down to any internet comment sections. Even the news articles here on UG. My stress levels have decreased significantly since i've starting doing this.
Page 1 of 2