Please crit this; I want to know people's opinions on how the three instruments complement each other here. It's not a full song, just an opening riff.
Attachments:
riff2.gp4
Quote by silent caution
When i was younger i used to pee in peoples shoes and blame their dog
Interesting stuff!

First of all I would suggest, you change the bass drum pattern so it follows the exact rhythm of the guitar riff, that way everything with feel much tighter and more complementing. You know? You can still do crazy things with the hands if you like, but locking the bass and bass drum together will do this a world of good IMO.

I would also personally tone down the bass in bars 6, 8, 10 and 12. It would cut out a lot of unneeded sonic clutter, while hopefully still retaining that chaotic, driving motion you seem to be pushing for here. Admittedly I haven't tried it out myself, but I think that may also help.

Aside from that, may the drum intro could me more interesting? yeah thats all I've got for you, considering this is such a short little thing to listen to. Build this into something closer to a full song and I'll be more than happy to return and give you another crit [direct me to it if you post a new thread for it mind you, otherwise I'll miss it hehe]

How about this?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1356034

EDIT: alright I lied. I have decided to do a little experiment with this. I hope you don't mind. Not perfect by any means naturally, but what d'you think? Take it or leave it. I don't mind. Just wanted to give you an example of what I was talking about in my post.
Attachments:
riff2.gp5
Last edited by Of_Wolves at Aug 29, 2010,