I'm not sure if it's properly setup. I see videos where people use their trems smoothly and pull of some crazy divebombs. I can't do that on mine. It feels really stiff(not what she said) and it puts up a lot of resistance when I push down on it. It feels like the strings are going to snap. It's balanced correctly and was apparently setup when I bought it at Guitar center a few months ago. Any ideas on how I could fix this problem?

If it helps, it's a Jackson Lo Profile Floyd Rose setup with .010's
Gear:
Jackson DXMG
Schecter 006 Deluxe
BC Rich Revenge Warlock
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
if its balanced right they wont break
just lift some weights or something
Haha working out is my other hobby so I don't think it's my arms :/

So is there no way to adjust the trem? I assume it has to do with the springs in the back but I'm not sure.
Gear:
Jackson DXMG
Schecter 006 Deluxe
BC Rich Revenge Warlock
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by spacec0wboy
Haha working out is my other hobby so I don't think it's my arms :/

So is there no way to adjust the trem? I assume it has to do with the springs in the back but I'm not sure.

well right now it has 10s if you go down to 9s and get everything set up right it should be easier to move but it would be much easier to just get used to it and learn to use the trem like that
loosening the springs would only make the bridge rise as it wont be balanced anymore
Last edited by supersac at Aug 29, 2010,
put up a pic of the trem angle if you want.
you say it's balanced but, is the bridge floating?

you might need to release a little tension in the spring cavity or
lube the trem points.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011