I'm going be making a diddley bow for art class, similar to how Jack White did in It Might Get Loud.
How long and thick would a the piece of wood for the body need to be to prevent the wood for bending under the tension?
I will have access to my schools woodshop if needed
it doesnt need to be long its about the thickness... (thats what she said) all you need its a few nails a bottle a pick up and a guitar string.
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Ebony)
Ibanez RR250
Squire Strat

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Line 6 Spider III 15

Boss DD-20
Boss OS-2
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
3 nails (two in front of and one behind your glass bottle or whatever you're using for a bridge), one nail to tie the other end of the string to (You can hammer the nail in more to increase tension on the string and raise the pitch). Then get a shit pickup, wire it to a jack, and install.

I did one for my speech class. Sounded amazing through my friend's Marshall MG 15 watter. Crank the tone knobs all the way up, gain about halfway, and put a bit of reverb on it.

I used a socket (for a socket wrench) as a slide.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Tip: if you can't find a cheap magnetic pickup, go to Radio Shack and buy a Piezo buzzer. Crack open the plastic case and stick the piezo disc to the "body" and connect the wires to a jack. It works as a contact pickup. It won't be very loud, but it works and costs virtually nothing.
I built one a little while back; just a 2x4 about 2 to 2 1/2 feet long, four nails (one for each end of the string, and the other two behind the dowel to hold it from rolling back), a thick, round dowel to use as a kind of nut and to help keep the string taught, a block of wood, an Altoids tin, and a guitar string.

Didn't put a pickup in it, though.

Used the Altoids tin on top of the block of wood as a combination bridge/resonator.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.