I got my Boss DD-3 brand new not to long ago. I plugged it in and it sounded fine.

The problem: Every time I hit a string too hard, my delay pedal explodes and gives off this loud popping sound which it repeats and sounds annoying as ****.

I'm no expert, but I don't think a new pedal should be doing that...

Any help?

-Red

Redit: I'm using good, working cables by the way... And have tried several different Power supplies, nothing helps.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Last edited by Guitarbaddie at Aug 29, 2010,
It sounds like you're overloading and clipping the input of the pedal. How have you got your pedal chain set up?
Usually something like this:

Hendrix crybaby > MT-2 > DD-3

But even when I put the DD-3 in the effects loop alone, I get the same problem.

Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
On the clean channel? Generally when you play on the clean channel in any situation, you're gonna get a REALLY loud sound when you hit a string too hard, because the clean channel is super un-compressed (dynamic). Your delay pedal is just making these BAMS more apparent/annoying by repeating them.

Now I could be wrong as I'm not there to hear what exactly it sounds like, but if I'm right, then a compressor would help you alot.

It could be that it's clipping for some strange reason though too..
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
^If it happens in front of the amp too, its probably not because of the clean channel, so I don't know how much use a compressor would be. Plus if it was because of that, the BAMS would get quieter as the delays fade out (in front of the amp)
Unfortunately I am not sitting in front of my gear at the moment. I don't think it is still under warranty but I will look into it. ;D

Redit: My pedal has that whole 5 year warranty that it says on the front of Boss pedals.

Problem is, I ordered it off teh innanetz, and didn't keep a receipt.

I could try playing quieter or turn the effect level down quite a bit, but I just don't want to be on stage playing and then suddenly a loud pop sound comes from my amp and everyone looks at me like: "What the ****?"
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Last edited by Guitarbaddie at Aug 29, 2010,
I know what you're talking about. My DD-3 had the same sort of thing, it'd crap out on me when I had the delay knob too high, and would fix itself when I turned it down. Eventually it broke.

I'd suggest sending it to BOSS, they will probably fix it for you for not much money.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I know what you're talking about. My DD-3 had the same sort of thing, it'd crap out on me when I had the delay knob too high, and would fix itself when I turned it down. Eventually it broke.

I'd suggest sending it to BOSS, they will probably fix it for you for not much money.

Hmm, damn.

I know a guy at a local shop who could probably fix it for a bit cheaper than most people... Sound safe?

I will try just tweaking my settings just a bit, maybe bring the feedback knob down a bit, maybe turn down the effects level.

But it sounds like I need a repair.

Thanks Raijouta, ya know your shit and it's why I leik ya

Well, love you >_>

-Red
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
If the guy knows what he's doing, then I'd go ahead.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??